Colt Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What I see from the first pic is that the trigger is too long, the cylinder stop notches are long oval shaped and the loading cut-out area is not shaped correctly. All these features are however shaped correctly for an early production Armi San Marco. The serial number is also in the correct range for an early Armi San Marco.

I do enjoy these types of threads. I know some people get frustrated when a new member posts a question about a gun and doesn't continue to participate after they get the answers. In my mind this is not a bad thing. If another real Walker exists out there it is probably not in the hands of somebody who knows a lot about guns.

·
Administrator
7,459 Posts
LP
Good post regarding the ASM cosmetics . Thank you .

Given the responses he initially received including the 4-5 completely off topic that I removed ,, not continuing to participate is understandable .

Reactions: MarkInTx and OD*

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
What I see from the first pic is that the trigger is too long, the cylinder stop notches are long oval shaped and the loading cut-out area is not shaped correctly. All these features are however shaped correctly for an early production Armi San Marco. The serial number is also in the correct range for an early Armi San Marco.

I do enjoy these types of threads. I know some people get frustrated when a new member posts a question about a gun and doesn't continue to participate after they get the answers. In my mind this is not a bad thing. If another real Walker exists out there it is probably not in the hands of somebody who knows a lot about guns.
hello, sir; yes, the trigger is not the "big hand" shape. i do not know how many if any 1847's might have been shipped to walker in mexico before probably the army inspectors called for a trigger which would accomodate wearing gauntlets which was necessary to fire the dragioon with barrel resting on left wrist. bad stuff caused damage to unprotected wrists :) probably "some" were already on the way or already delivered. colt wanted to get his product in the war as soon as he could and i suspect at least a few were sent. the o p's cylinder may not be original to that frame.

regards, bro

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Then's there this....True Story: These's fella I've know for years.....owned a couple of pawn shops. His hobby was traveling to small towns looking for real paintings by real know western artist, among other items. On at least two occasions that I know of, he came home with $50K to $85K paintings....he bought in junk shops....for $35 or less. Not mention a few fine Colts SAA, fine holsters, etc. Of course, he recognized gold when others didn't.

I can happen.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts