Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Besides a lot being wrong with that gun as far being a Walker model...it really lost me at "found in Mexico".

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Registered
149 Posts
This poor old Walker is a wreck. But, what's perhaps telling, is that this gun is not offered for sale with the proverbial authentication letter from one of the Grand Poo-bahs of Colts. Why not? The owner didn't want to spend a few bucks on a letter? That's weird to me, especially as this Walker was good enough to participate in the "Parade of Walkers" (Google it if you haven't heard of this "Parade", it's neat). Maybe such a letter would have gone over all of this gun's warts with a magnifying glass...

But, being found in Mexico wouldn't bother me in the least bit. A lot of amazing Colts and Winchesters (even some Walkers) have been found in Mexico in the last 50-80 years. These guns went back and forth across the border (errr, I mean the River) and rich Mexicans (and poor ones too) liked Colts enough to buy them here, or Colt shipped them there. God willing, one of these gorgeous "Mexican" Colts or Winchesters finds its way into my hot hands, I'd be sittin' pretty... I think keeping the trade in these antique guns is reason enough not to build that crappy wall.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it all looked legitimate to me!!!! THIS is yet another reason I will never buy one (um....money being the other!). Care to enlighten me to the obvious glaring errors I missed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts