Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart has suspended firearm and ammo sales due to rioting across the country. Thought I would post this to keep a member from wasting time going there to buy ammo.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wally World is not a place that I go ever. Little late for them. They are right up there with Dicks Sporting Goods. :(
I only go there because they're the only place for ammo in my area. One other local place sells ammo at extremely high prices. Otherwise, I would have to make a 50+ mile round trip. I do have a good inventory. I just like to maintain my inventory.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
After all the runs on ammunition in the last few years it's difficult to see why anyone...at least any longtime gun owner...needs to run out and buy more right now.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I only go there because they're the only place for ammo in my area. One other local place sells ammo at extremely high prices. Otherwise, I would have to make a 50+ mile round trip. I do have a good inventory. I just like to maintain my inventory.
You can thank me later. This is the answer. Been using it and the version a few years earlier albeit little different for 15 years or so.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am well aware of Ammoseek and others. Thank you. I prefer to pay cash.
Hope you have other places to buy ammo where you are. Supporting Walmart of all places over paying cash for less expensive and better selection is rationale I cannot grasp. Good luck, maybe support a local gun store. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
The manager (local walmart) told me they put the guns & ammo in the back. There were 2 WalMarts in Philly ( not all that far away) that were totally ransacked only a day or so ago. They don't want to loose any guns in the middle of the night if more looting starts.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BusaDave, I don't need you nor anyone else telling me on where to shop or how to pay. I'm on a fixed income and I do not want to charge a lot on credit cards. And I have ordered ammo on charge cards this year. So you shop and pay however you want and mind your own business.

I only posted my original message to inform other forum members and not to get lectured on where to shop and how to pay.

·
Registered
770 Posts
BusaDave, I don't need you nor anyone else telling me on where to shop or how to pay. I'm on a fixed income and I do not want to charge a lot on credit cards. And I have ordered ammo on charge cards this year. So you shop and pay however you want and mind your own business.

I only posted my original message to inform other forum members and not to get lectured on where to shop and how to pay.
:) That is fine --remember you are supporting people who want to do away with your 2nd Amendment Rights :) but somehow I don't think you really care.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Walmart has suspended firearm and ammo sales due to rioting across the country. Thought I would post this to keep a member from wasting time going there to buy ammo.
As I understand it they moved all firearms and ammo off of the sales floor to a secure locked vault! They are concerned over looters. ATB

·
Registered
324 Posts
West Memphis, AR even took all the knives off display. They (like most in questionable areas) close at 5pm

·
Registered
603 Posts
No one cares if Walmart doesn't want to sell ammo or guns in my area. Reload or go to a few fine gun dealers in our area who sell ammo at the same prices of big box stores. Most spend their money supporting the LGS instead of Walmart.

Reactions: BusaDave

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since it appears that many people here are critical about me occasionally buying 22 rf ammo at times and also air rifle pellets at Walmart instead of me driving for 1 hour for those 2 items and still not find what I'm looking for, I'm out of here. A week ago I drove for 50 minutes to a major sporting guns store and while I bought ammo there, they had no air rifle pellets. I drove another 20-25 minutes to another major sporting good store, purchased a few items but no selection of air rifle pellets. I can't believe there's so many critical people here. Signing off.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Want to add that the Walmart store is only 4 miles from where I live.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts