Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boa just sold on gunbroker for ...ready for this...$1676....I bid...but not enough. Oh well...maybe another day.

·
Registered
794 Posts
That was a pretty hefty price tag! And it was only "like new" without the original box and paper work. Sure shoots the heck out of the Blue Book price doesn't it!

For that kind of money I'd be expecting NIB and a few more things. I'd be half tempted to sell one for that price. Nah, on second thought no reason to.

But it just goes to show that someone who really wants one will pay what he feels he must. There were only 600 of each (4" & 6") made and most are being hoarded by people like some of us on this forum. Isn't that right Blokey!?

Don't get discouraged. You'll find the one you want at a price you can live with. Eventually. Scour the big gun shows and be ready to lay your money down when you find the one with your name on it.

I saw 3 at gunshows in the past 2 years. Asking price was $1200 each. I'm not sure if they sold as it was a 3 day event and I only stayed the 1st day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the Boa will be the one absent from the snake collection. I thought the Viper would be difficult to obtain, but those I have seen and have one. Well, give me heads up next gun show you see one...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Boa's have been selling way over Blue Book prices for quite a while. I bought mine via Gun List, a few years ago, from a fellow in Minnesota who purchased six of them when they first became available, and stashed them in his safe. All were still NIB, and had never been unwrapped. The only Boas I've seen for sale since then, was a consecutive pair on Gunbroker that was listed for several months, at a starting bid around $3000.00. They are scarce.

·
Registered
794 Posts
See what I mean. Another Boa hoarder!
O-Buck-I comes clean.
So how many did you get from the Minnesota guy? One each 4" & 6"?

There are other Boa hoarders out here. Come on guys, fess up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK...OK...I will confess...I am a wanta be Boa horder! Actually I would not hord it...I would let people look at it. Somebody please make me a horder.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Want to know what a Boa will bring?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey that's easy. An arm, a leg, left kidney, and what's left of your brain. I long ago resigned to the fact that my Snake collection would never be complete because of a Boa.

·
Registered
794 Posts
imthduke, you are WAY too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

I can't stop laughing because I know you're absolutely serious about that! You're killing me, man!

And as for you Mr majic, I feel your pain. Since MY Snake Collection may never be complete with out the Combat Cobra that you are hoarding!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHAT? Now you re tellin me I got to have a Combat Cobra to complete the snake collection. I thought a King Cobra was sufficient. See one Cobra....ye seen em all. Well, that will save me money and grief to think that way.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I guess hoarding is as good a word as any, since I won't ever shoot them, or sell them. I'll post some Boa pics, and the rest of the snakes, if I can ever figure out the link method to do so. My goal is to get my entire collection, with individual pictures, descriptions, and serial numbers, on CD's. Right now, home repair/remodeling tasks have priority.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Imthduke,
You have to have all 3 Cobras to really strut yur stuff. The Cobra, the King Cobra, and the Combat Cobra. Those snakes are slippery little devils.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Haven't been checking the board lately and "Boa" caught my eye!

Yeah, 600 in each barrel length. Mine's a NIB 6" I bought for $802 on auctionarms in 2001 (check "daypawn"'s feedback, that transaction was their first of only 2 feedbacks on AA). What an adventure that was! It's definitely the crown jewel of my collection. My FFL nearly crapped his pants when it came in (it was a red letter day, I picked up my NIB 9mm Steyr Gov't Model that day too). I can post a pic but my camera is crap, I can't get a decent shot of it w/o it being out of focus.

Off topic: I got into a bidding war with "ohiobuckeye" a while back for an Elite IX, is that you? I was finally able to procure an Elite IX to complete my "all caliber Gold Cup" collection.

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 08-27-2004).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can believe this...you got a Boa and you don't have a good camera! Send me the Boa and I will send you a great camera.

·
Registered
711 Posts

See what I mean? I can't get the lighting and focus right!! This is the best I can do.

imthduke: "Interesting trades considered" hmmmm......

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blokey:
I picked up my NIB 9mm Steyr Gov't Model that day too).
Off topic: I got into a bidding war with "ohiobuckeye" a while back for an Elite IX, is that you? I was finally able to procure an Elite IX to complete my "all caliber Gold Cup" collection.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup!...That was me. Now I'm watching for the .40 S&W version. I found one last Saturday, but way overpriced, used, and no box. Hope I don't come to regret passing it by. Only seen two, so far, but most of the fun is in the looking. I've managed to snag one of the 10/40 Elite combo's, but not the straight .40 Gold Cup.
I stumbled onto two of the 9mm Steyr Government models, at the same show, in Columbus Ohio, winter before last. Again, the only two I have actually ever seen face to face. Different sellers...Both NIB, and one came home with me, for $875.00. The other was last seen priced at $1500.00, and with a scuffed up box!!! If you don't mind my asking, what was the purchase price on your Steyr Govt.? I've seen internet asking prices beyond 2000.00, but don't know of any actually selling near that much.
Back to the pictures, for a moment. You're not the only shutter bug with problems taking gun pics. I would love to know how some of you guys get those great pics without all the reflection, glare, etc. I've tried reflectors, big boxes lined with my annoyed wife's white sheets, light backgrounds, dark backgrounds, and nothing seems to work for me. A photographer, I ain't. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
711 Posts
ohiobuckeye,

Before I get busted for hijacking this thread, I started a thread on the semi-auto board re: the .40S&W GC.

With respect to photography, I'm obviously no expert but I do think the problem with my cam is that I need one that can take better macro shots; if I get to within 3 ft of the subject, my cam can't focus. I think I also need much brighter light to get good contrast of the details like the rollmarks, etc. I also don't wipe the oil off the gun which muddies up the details too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts