Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nevada Cowboy is interested in purchasing a Colt 22 Magnum Cylinder, Fluted & Unmarked. If you have one or know where I can get one, get back to me [email protected]

I frequently check eBay, Gonbroker, Auctionarms & others.... but no success. Thanks, David

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not that I really know anything about the .22 mag, but I didn't know they made them fluted....mine is unfluted. Knowing that, I would love to find a fluted .22 mag cylinder myself....

Jerry

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have one, but I'm waiting for my Colt letter to see if my gun is a 22LR cylinder only. I got the gun without the magnum cylinder, and found a new one for it, that has never been fitted to a gun. If my gun is a dual cylinder model, I will have it fitted. If not, you have first dibs on it. Colt tells me the letter should arrive in 120-150 days. Maybe you will find one by then, though.

You should post a "Want to Buy" ad in the classifieds here. Oh yeah, is your gun a Frontier Scout or a Peacemaker?
Terry

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Not that I really know anything about the .22 mag, but I didn't know they made them fluted....mine is unfluted. Knowing that, I would love to find a fluted .22 mag cylinder myself....

Jerry
According to the Wilkerson's book on Scouts, Peacemakers, and New Frontiers, The first 22 magnum cylinders were fluted. Most people are familiar with the unfluted 22 mag cylinders. Colt changed to the unfluted magnum cylinders so the owner could identify the magnum cylinder more easily.
Buckspen will probably respond to the original poster's request, but it might be wise to send a private message to Buckspen as he has many valuable and hard to get Colt frontier/peacemaker/scout parts and may have a 22 mag cylinder he would be willing to part with.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Search the classifieds here - I believe there were a couple of members that had em for sale.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My .22 Peacemaker is a 1976 vintage. I bought it from my dad a few years back and i doubt it had ever been fired more than a few times. It actually only had the magnum cylinder but was able to get a LR mag off a member here.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
My .22 Peacemaker is a 1976 vintage. I bought it from my dad a few years back and i doubt it had ever been fired more than a few times. It actually only had the magnum cylinder but was able to get a LR mag off a member here.

Jerry
That is the good thing about having the magnum barreled .22 peacemaker/new frontier. If a 22LR cylinder can be acquired then its no problem. sometimes the LR cylinder drops right in.. sometimes a little fitting is required, or it may not work if some gaps are too big. Colt went to 22LR only peacemakers/ New Frontiers in the 80's and it is not designed to shoot the magnum cartridge. Also as previously mentioned by Jerry, Some did come with only one cylinder in the 70's. These are rare and more collectible if the original box is with the gun so as the label can prove it came that way. (or Colt letter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts