Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years of gun pics on this forum may lay testament that I am a Colt guy at heart..
but once again.. a sin has been committed.
another Tupperware gun .. purchased I have. G17
but . In my defense your honor. What do you do when you come across a gun that’s got your name on it.
... I mean literally. It’s got my name on it . The serial number prefix is my name..
manager said it wasn’t for sell. Their custom shop did the krypto coating and they need to advertise. (I just as soon it had the plain black finish.. it’s just gonna eventually wear ) but I guess he finally got tired of me saying “ hey. That guns Got my name on it” and today he said let me get a price .
I mean .. what do ya do when a gun has you’re name on it . You have to get the gun.
i have plenty of 9 ammo .
l Have heard about 12 folks today walk in asking “ got any nine ? “ While I was buying this gun.
with the three mags it comes with, it takes some “nine” to put its ammo needle on FuLL too.

anyway, it’s mine. Says so on the side. I plan to put it through the paces to qualify it for Life dependency duty.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Not a fan of Glocks but they do exactly what they are supposed to do every time.
Not a fan of the graphic finish.

Sometimes you hear a whisper to buy something...sometimes it is a slap in the face to buy it.
Hope it didn't sting too badly.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I'm a Colt guy at heart also...but that doesn't mean I don't own or appreciate other makes and models...just my primary interest is Colt.

Glocks do what they're supposed to do...but they're also quite boring in that respect...and that's a good thing as far as it goes. I've heard people opine that Glocks and other Tupperware guns have no soul. There may be some truth to that. I've also heard the opinion that Glocks are a fine tool...buy having a Colt Python makes a statement...about who you are and your ability and self-confidence. And that was before Rick Grimes and the Walking Dead.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I shied away from a Colt purchase and committed a sin recently as well. I purchased a C series Browning Hi-Power. However, in my defense the Hi-Power is a Browning design. The sight of blued steel and wooden grips got the best of me.
Browning Hi-Power.jpg

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I shied away from a Colt purchase and committed a sin recently as well. I purchased a C series Browning Hi-Power. However, in my defense the Hi-Power is a Browning design. The sight of blued steel and wooden grips got the best of me. View attachment 705047
No sin there. The Hi-Power is an elegant design...the 1911 is more purposeful in appearance but the Hi-Power is simply elegant.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Years of gun pics on this forum may lay testament that I am a Colt guy at heart..
but once again.. a sin has been committed.
another Tupperware gun .. purchased I have. G17
but . In my defense your honor. What do you do when you come across a gun that’s got your name on it.
... I mean literally. It’s got my name on it . The serial number prefix is my name..
manager said it wasn’t for sell. Their custom shop did the krypto coating and they need to advertise. (I just as soon it had the plain black finish.. it’s just gonna eventually wear ) but I guess he finally got tired of me saying “ hey. That guns Got my name on it” and today he said let me get a price .
I mean .. what do ya do when a gun has you’re name on it . You have to get the gun.
i have plenty of 9 ammo .
l Have heard about 12 folks today walk in asking “ got any nine ? “ While I was buying this gun.
with the three mags it comes with, it takes some “nine” to put its ammo needle on FuLL too.

anyway, it’s mine. Says so on the side. I plan to put it through the paces to qualify it for Life dependency duty.

How could you pass it up? Its got your name on it. Looks great. Good luck with your new non Colt purchase :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I shied away from a Colt purchase and committed a sin recently as well. I purchased a C series Browning Hi-Power. However, in my defense the Hi-Power is a Browning design. The sight of blued steel and wooden grips got the best of me. View attachment 705047
Looks like mine! Mine is a 1972 made in Belgium. I changed the grips recently that are same style you show....but with fleur-de-lis.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Uh oh..... methinks the Browning HPs are comin' out again....... But, really....after all, they are the 9mm pistol that all others must be judged by.
5 M-35 FN Brownings 002.jpg

OK. That bein' said, we cannot overlook the fact that the Buck Rogers black plastic blasters are just as worthy and effective as the vintage steel & wood.
And for practical purposes, any pistol is infinitely preferable to no pistol at all.
A Glock, for example, will return fire as well as any, and will improve the odds of survival in an extreme social setting.
Nah....you did not slip up; you merely acquired a new useful tool for your bag of tricks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Uh oh..... methinks the Browning HPs are comin' out again....... But, really....after all, they are the 9mm pistol that all others must be judged by. View attachment 705060
OK. That bein' said, we cannot overlook the fact that the Buck Rogers black plastic blasters are just as worthy and effective as the vintage steel & wood.
And for practical purposes, any pistol is infinitely preferable to no pistol at all.
A Glock, for example, will return fire as well as any, and will improve the odds of survival in an extreme social setting.
Nah....you did not slip up; you merely acquired a new useful tool for your bag of tricks.
nice collection. so what are their years?

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
but once again.. a sin has been committed. another Tupperware gun .. purchased I have. G17
... I mean literally. It’s got my name on it . The serial number prefix is my name. (snip)....
Real Nice Score Ben !!

I make no bones about my G30SF...which is now equipped with a Crimson Trace CMR-206 Rail Master Green Laser (not shown) ...that serves as my EDC CCW.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I have a few Tupperware sins myself. The Dewalt Yellow LCP and Henry Survival AR-7 redo. Although both intended for my bug out bag. They are both super light. 12oz for the LCP and 3.7lbs for the Henry. If they go missing for whatever reason I have very little invested. The Henry I fired for the first time it yesterday it was fun and surprisingly accurate. Its great to see the Hi-Powers. Ive been looking for a Right one to fall in my lap. While at the range, a Clean Blued Commander caught my eye in 9mm in the used case. They are being traded in for the plastic fantastics. I had to tell myself No. I almost dove back. I almost called LGS when I got home. Almost
Sometimes" they" just have your NAME on it.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ben, what do they call that pattern?

Shooter got it there. Kryptek makes the pattern in a some variations of either pattern and/or color. Mine might be “Typhoon” color. mine was done in Gander Outdoors custom shop .. I think they call it “America’s Gunsmith Shop” located In Wisconsin . This one done for a local shop so I didn’t pick it. I believe the charge is about $240 to do the work. About a month turnaround time I heard somebody say. while I was waiting for a sell price, I browsed their patterns . There is a bunch of earthy tones My Grey /black is not too crazy on a gun though.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Pretty sure any true "gun guy" can recognize the silhouette of a Classic Glock 17 even of she/he are not a real fan. Like it or not...its earned it's rightful place in history. My go-to is and will always be my trusty gen 3 G19. Tried and true with train cars of ammo thru her. Not-one-single-malfunction or modification. I don't own another pistol that I can say that about. Not even close. Nice snag, Ben! Wonder if that Tenifer is safely hidden underneath, just in case??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts