Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we could use some pictures over here. Add a little color to the board.
Here's a couple shorties.....

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I have taken better pictures I guess- anyway, from 1980-- Also, Jeff, I have a set of 'SNAKE EYES" playing cards if you are in the need?

------------------
An Armed Society Is A
Polite Society

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Some of you have seen this pic before, but by showing it, it may stir some newcomers into "needing" to find a Diamondback.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GK, you have a thing for that 4 pointed glitter effect in Photoshop huh?

I only have 5 Colts and only two revos. Here's a quick and dirty pic I took 5 minutes ago.

------------------
Ask the Chief!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to burst your bubble SnWnMe on the Photoshop idea, but these pics are not altered in any way shape or form. They are actually shot on a very old out dated Mavica. It all just depends on your lighting and set up.

Hey Tusker, thanks for the offer on the cards, but those are the only SNAKE EYES items I see on a regular basis. I do have the Clay chips and I should have used them in the photo. Maybe next. Thanks again for the offer though.

Here's another untouched photo....

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
74 Posts
OK, in case you didn't see my new old 2nd issue in another thread, here she is with her new plain jane grips:

By the way, those photos above exhibit lens characteristics that indicate excessive flare. Sometimes "flaws" are a good thing, and quite attractive too. The "starbursts" are not PhotoShop.

[This message has been edited by Thirties (edited 01-22-2005).]

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excessive flare from excessive shiny guns.
Courtesy of Colt's polishing dept.

Not flaws, shot like that on purpose in direct sunlight to create that effect.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of my 1959 Python.

These photos really show off the way this revolver was polished before being blued.

Randy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Randy...

dam....that is amazing. Is it possible to find a gun that age in that shape anymore? Has it been reblued? And if so, by who?

A truly beautiful piece.

Greg

[This message has been edited by Monty (edited 01-23-2005).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Greg. My Python is all original and has never been reblued. I used some Flitz Gun Wax on it before taking those last 4 pictures. Flitz wax really brings out the shine on any gun that has nice blueing to begin with.

I found that one at a local show a couple of years ago. I gave $875 for it. I couldn't pass it up especially since it came with it's correct numbered box. The only thing missing is the factory test target.

Randy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts