Colt Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have had the Tempest and currently shoot a Hurricane . Like mentioned, a single cock which can be hard for those not used to it but very accurate and hard hitting. I have a miniature set of steel silhouette targets that really make a fun game with the Hurricane.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just a note.
Don’t let the barrel slip out of your hand when cocking it and absolutely don’t pull the trigger with barrel cocked and not locked back down and in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Beautiful Webley! That was imported by Beeman at his first location in San Rafael, California in the 1970's when he still operated out of his garage. I can't add a lot to what has already been said, but if the grips are real MOP (and they look like it) you might not want shoot it with them on the gun. There is a massive spring and piston in it that is used to generate the the air to push the pellet it out. Spring piston airguns create a different recoil than firearms and can break a standard, non airgun rated scope within a few shots. So my thinking is that it could cause undue stress on the grips as well. There are several sources online to get grips for it for your plinking sessions.

As for pricing, a standard early Beeman import generally sells fro around $175 to $250 on Gunbroker. However, those grips are unique and therefore valuation will go up significantly.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
I messed around with the shading of this pic so we can see the grip panel better. Maybe it will help. You can see the grain and indented areas better if you enlarge the pic.
View attachment 740889
Having bought and sold several pairs of mother of pearl recently, I'm thoroughly convinced yours are the real stuff. Apart from the tooth trick, genuine mother of pearl will be cold to the touch, heavy, and feel almost stone-like. The escutcheons alone also look like those I've seen in other genuine sets.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts