Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Revolver Metal Text Document Paper Font Paper product Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun Revolver Firearm Starting pistol Trigger Well Trish and I went to the Waco Antique and Collectors Gun Show yesterday. As luck would have it I ran in to our very own Mentallapse and we ended up trading a couple of snubbies. I will let him tell you about his. What I got was a 1929 vintage Detective Special, blued and engraved down the back strap "N.J. State Prison No. 73". yes I said engraved not stamped the vertical part of the letters are double wide and stippled inside the lines. As soon as it stops raining here I will try to get some pix up. By the way did I mention the letter confirms the date and shipping address, 20 July 1929 shipped to State House Commission, New Jersey State Prison, 55 guns in shipment.
Then on to Arlington , Texas were we picked up a 1932 vintage Government Model, reblued but not over polished. Which is ok as it will be the base gun for engraving. All in all productive weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
GREAT trip and great acquisitions. Always love Waco area and used to live in the Arlington area - welcome back!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures of NJ posted. Will try better ones when I get sunlight. Looks like the medallions on the grips are wrong, postwar I think.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
You should have said hi when you were at the Waco show Mike.....I don't remember seeing you pass by my table!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I missed you. Got there about 10:30 AM was gone by 12:00, drove the Arlington to consummate the Government Model deal, then to the Waxahachie show. Left the house in Huntsville at 8 AM and was back by 6 PM.
You should have said hi when you were at the Waco show Mike.....I don't remember seeing you pass by my table!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts