Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kahr is moving its corporate headquarters to Pike Cnty. PA. Subsequently they will be building a factory that could employ 100 people.

I salute them. Welcome to the Keystone State from a 40 yr. resident and fellow transplant from New York state.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Perhaps Kahr wasn't paying attention during the most recent period of liberal induced hysteria.

This states Senator coauthored the TOOMEY -MANCHIN bill. PA's REPUBLICAN Senator.

Which I "toasted" him for; selling out massive numbers of his constituent gun owners and sportsman, and standing with the bleeding hearts and lemmings. I just wrote him recently, reminding him that I haven't forgotten about his soft spine

PA is circling the drain, surrounded by the libertards to East and North. It cant possibly hold out.

I wish them well, but don't get comfy, I think.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I was kind of thinking basically the same thing, ruled by philly, penn could be the next to fall in the not so distant future.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also don't think its a good thing for these companies to be vacating long held states.

You gotta stay and fight it out. Not to the point it puts you out of business, but once you vacate, you cant influence and teach new opinions from 3 states away.

Youre basically saying they win there, and im uncomfortable with that.

Eventually they will corner all the businesses in SOME PART of the country and it will be an Alamo situation.

You have to be a positive force IN PLACE. Adapt to put out a positive PR message. Its needed, as the Country shifts attitudes. You dont have to be a perceived dinosaur.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Keep in mind that Kahr is owned by Son Moon, the Korean cult guy from way back.
Not so sure he's an individual Rights Patriot , I've never cared for Kahr firearms.

My 2 cents,
Darryl

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep in mind that Kahr is owned by Son Moon, the Korean cult guy from way back.
Not so sure he's an individual Rights Patriot , I've never cared for Kahr firearms.

My 2 cents,
Darryl
Are you sure "Rev. Moon" or his sons still own this company? I do remember years ago when the company first started he certainly did. It was one reason, along with the fact I didn't like the looks of the guns, that I wouldn't buy their products. They have a good reputation as a firearms design.

Another reason, silly as it may be, was that they used the swinging link design to accomplish recoil action. I don't mind it on Mod O pistols, but I think it was a "leap backwards", so to speak. The last Browning design, the Hi-Power, did away with the linking system. I always thought the link was just another extra part to break - however, I don't think I've ever read of one breaking on a Mod O pistol, so it is not a weak point of the system as I thought initially it was. You live and learn!

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
King Cuomo is on a roll........Kahr today and the company right down the block from me, Kimber Arms will be going tommorrow.
I wonder if we could visit Kimber next time I'm back to NYC and we get together?
If not, at least we'll have to go out for dinner someplace nice.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Definately go out for dinner. As of late Kimber has been not very receptive to locals visiting, guess it has something to do with prevailing anti gun attitudes in this Bastion of Liberality....LOL. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I have carried the Kahr PM9 and PM40 for the past few years and they are very well made guns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts