Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought another COlt 1908 pocket hammerless in .380 ACP a Type III made in 1921 like my other. It appears to have original finish I took off the grips. The right side grip is cracked unfortunately but my friend has the other half though hes willing to sell me. I paid 325 FRN for it at the gun show and test shot it. It don't run like my other 1908 Colt but it can be tweaked or whatever. Anyway somehow someway the friggin front sight flew off into the grass. Been trying to find it with a metal detector and a magnet. No luck so far and its dark now... But I scored a decent piece which I plan to resell I will try to post pictures but my ACOG (rifle fell) hit the camera I had charging so I cannot see the screen but it should work. It was charging next to my computer and I had the rifle propped against the desk. This was way before this ever happened. By the way my friend is willing to pay me 400 FRN as is for it but I have to buy a slide in order to get a front sight post for my 1908! Either that or rig up this thing. Colt Front Sight 1911 Stake-On Narrow Tenon 1918 WWI-Style .110" Height Steel Parkerized - MidwayUSA

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have an idea? I saw an auction arms auction for these sight front sights and Numrich used to have them. Does anyone here have a source or slide laying around with a front sight they are willing to part with?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lee's Gun Parts - 972-790-0773

It is an amazing place.

·
Registered
665 Posts
According to Numrich, the front sight is the same for 1903/1908 hammerlass 32/380 & early 1911... not 1911a1

Might be helpful

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
"Coltwood" is a name that Colt used for plastic stocks. So, no, your wooden stocks are not Coltwood.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ordered the midway sight but I think I wanna sell this gun once I get the front sight on there. I want my Colt series 70 repo in stainless with the Rosewood grips and 100 years of service roll mark so this will help!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I ordered that part right and got that 1911 sight and its way bigger and longer like my friend said it'd be. I still need to find my original but the 1911 sight could be modified to work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the 1911 front sight could be modified to work and I now have a more powerful magnet to use to find that little POS! Let me tell you my fellow Colt fans the 100 and high 90s + humidity kinda sucks. Anyway figured out whats wrong with my pistol other than the lousy front sight is gone the ejector is just a little bent and I can buy a new one off Numrichs but I wanna see if my gun smith can tweak the old one.

Part #24

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
I was using my 1912 production Colt .380 for qualifying for my CCW one time, and, when the Target was brought up on the indoor track, has a line of Bullet holes going from the Bull's eye to the right, each one half an inch from the last...

Turns out my rear Sight was drifting out a teeeeeny but with each shot.

I guess that is something to watch out for with these! Front Sight or rear...

At least I caught it before the sight fell all the way out anyway.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Must have been an eye opener on the range (pun intended). Poor fella next to me on the line hadda brand spanky new Kimber that stovepiped twice in first 5 shots then slide jammed shut on 2nd 5 volley. He ended up qualifying with a borrowed Norinco. Hope your troubles are over.

Mtn

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well good news I found the front sight today ;) I'll post pictures when my camera battery is charged.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts