Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988RRC started a thread yesterday "What do you get from the "custom shop?"

Reading the thread this morning got me searching for an old post of mine regarding a Model 04613 - Hi Polished Nickel pistol I purchased back in 2013.

When I researched this pistol prior to buying it, I came across an old thread from another forum where another owner was looking for a copy of a letter that he stated Colt included with this gun when it was purchased new back in 1978....see his post below:

"I bought this series 70 Colt Custom Combat Commander (model 04613) about 25 years ago, put it away, and never fired it, so it's still NIB.. I believe it is one of the first, if not the first, customized Commander from the Colt Custom Shop. Notice it has a ring hammer, a Gold Cup trigger and sights, a Combat Commander frame and slide, and a nickel finish. With the pistol came a copy of a generic factory letter stating that there were about 200 of these pistols made in a special run. It also gave a few other facts about the pistol including the serial numbers assigned to the series. Unfortunately, I lost the letter a long time ago. I don' t want to pay Colt $150 for a special letter, all I want is a copy of the generic letter I once had. Does anyone have one of these pistols with the factory letter? If I can't find one, I would at least like to know where to find a Colt model number list so I can see what they say about model 04613. That might solve my problem."

I have asked numerous people that have posted other examples of this pistol through the years if they had a copy of this letter. I hadn't been able to find out the contents of this letter for the past 4 years. I even found a photo of this pistol sitting on top of what I suspected was a copy of this letter but it didn't reveal its contents.

But...given my determination and some Blind A** luck, I discovered a thread this morning that had a picture of the actual letter that was included with this pistol when shipped new. It appears that my suspicious about the letter under the pistol in the above photo was indeed a copy of the letter in question as it was addressed to M&N Distributors, the company mentioned in the body of the letter below. It doesn't get me any closer to obtaining a copy of this letter for my pistol but it does end a nagging question I have been looking for an answer to for the past 4 years...

I know this is only of interest to me...but now I can move on...
Nope...now I want a copy of the letter....lol

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Colt produced several Models with that MMC sight.
Some had the original ambidextrous safety and paddle grip safety.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I would also suggest a letter. Mine was $100 in 2015 that I got for my 1991 Gold Cup Commander. By the way this came with slotted screws that are in the box it came in. I take off the stocks and put on others when I go and shoot it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts