Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A pawn shop has enlightened us. Read the first few sentences in the description of this one. It really sticks in my craw because all of mine are 3rd gens. Dangit! Heed the words "shortly before".
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/709641974

Reactions: STARVATION

·
Registered
7,972 Posts
Some Florida village is missing it's idiot.
Some of our village idiots are in DC.
Gainesville Pawn, been there. Typical pawn shop kind of out of the way for Gainesville, but typical store with the usual stuff tools electronics etc., but he has quite a few guns there mostly overpriced from what we saw. We didn't talk to the owner so I have no personal feel for the place as the owner was busy, and didn't even acknowledge we were there. I doubt if we will go back.
Production transfered to Uberti?????
A good many years ago some reader wrote in to Shooting times and insinuated the same thing. Well Skeeter Skelton let him know that that was baloney and that he had been at the Colt factory and knew first hand that the 3rd Generation Colt's were indeed made in Hartford.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hondo, I guess mentioning the pre-WW2 1st Gen prototypes with Fascist proofs would have been pushing it a little too far.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was studying his 1911's for the last couple of weeks and aside from price there was always something I didn't like. Finally I gave up on looking at his stuff seriously.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
This is only a "what if" question.......If Uberti did begin making SAA revolvers to Colt Specs and with Colt authority to make them, I wonder what the cost would be for the quality and finish required?

·
Registered
961 Posts
This is only a "what if" question.......If Uberti did begin making SAA revolvers to Colt Specs and with Colt authority to make them, I wonder what the cost would be for the quality and finish required?
An excellent and most practical "what if" indeed, sir.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.