Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pay these enormous prices for old Colts and just take a look at my Uberti. A 2006 Model with the old west finish that fools everyone that sees it. Its a great gun! Perfect timing and locks up like a vault. 4 distinct clicks and a 3.5 lb trigger with no creep. Yeah, I did some work to it but still... I cant complain about anything about it. Colt has taken advantage of us for years but I guess as long as we pay their prices for new guns, we can't blame anyone but ourselves. If it was a $500.00 price difference, that would be one thing but when we are talking $1200-1500.00, its insane. Enjoy the pictures of my $500.00 Uberti ;)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Tcraftsman wrenches work just fine , but I buy snap on.
I like Colts , so that’s what I buy . A Hyundai will get you to work , I’d buy my wife new Lincoln if I could . We buy what we like , and suffer the consequences financially possibly.
I’m sure you have worked hard your whole life - like I have . Huge mark ups on all products are a part of life . I’m sure you have many nice firearms , you should stick with the brands you like...... nothing against you personally, but it bother someone me when people knock COLTS,for any reason - especially since this is the COLT Forum , not “ firearms in general forum “

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, you misunderstood. Im not knocking Colt. I love Colts. Im saying the we have allowed them to get by with over pricing them for years. As long as we pay, they will charge the prices they do. And yes, I'll continue to pay the high prices too. But these Uberti's...damn! They've come a long way.

Reactions: Spirit

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tcraftsman wrenches work just fine , but I buy snap on.
I like Colts , so that’s what I buy . A Hyundai will get you to work , I’d buy my wife new Lincoln if I could . We buy what we like , and suffer the consequences financially possibly.
I’m sure you have worked hard your whole life - like I have . Huge mark ups on all products are a part of life . I’m sure you have many nice firearms , you should stick with the brands you like...... nothing against you personally, but it bother someone me when people knock COLTS,for any reason - especially since this is the COLT Forum , not “ firearms in general forum “

The Lounge

This area is for discussions on all other gun collector related talk.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
All good Cliff . I’m sure your six shooter works fine .i know you have some sweet Colts.
Your piece looks good , but does nothing for me . Call me tacky , superficial , or fan brand boy ... I’ve been called worse. Stay well , happy and healthy .

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem. I'm like Will Rogers. I never met a gun I didn't like ; )

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Nope. Not a Colt. Ive held Ubertis. Ive shot Ubertis. All I hear is 4 clicks and a bang. With the Colts I hear C...O...L...T and then smell beans and bacon cooking in a cast iron pot over a fire and then hear a coyote howling in the distance. Life is WAY too short....too many I've known that watched every penny their whole life, and too many I've known who spent like there's no tomorrow, are now 6 feet deep. At some point it's time for the finer things in life. For me personally, that time is now.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Uberti and Cimarron products have certainly come a long way. Not every gun in the stable (safe) needs the same pedigree. Others making single actions help keep the market alive....doesn't matter if it is Italian or a Ruger. Thanks for the information on the gun, especially the trigger pull.

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
How much does Uberti charge to put some finish on their guns?

Reactions: phyllis1

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The MSRP on new SAAs is ridiculous and the current street price is even more so. I love my Colt SAAs (1st and 2nd gens, I have little use for 3rd gens), I've been around them all my life and I've owned, sold and traded quite a few over of the years, but they're not worth it to me at the current prices. So unless the gods all smile at once, and the skies open and I find an unbelievable deal on a 1st or 2nd, I'm done buying SAAs. If I wanted another new single action, I'd be perfectly happy buying any 4 click Uberti or Pietta at roughly 25% of the price of a 3rd gen.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I know we're talking Single Action Army, but as a double action man myself, no one produces any modern guns like the old revolvers I love, so I gotta stick with Colt. And old ones at that. While cheaper alternatives would be cool, I've never stumbled across another gun that looks or feels like a Detective Special.

You SAA guys are lucky. Both Colt and the clone companies are still producing SAA's. You've got options. ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sorry but that is just and I say this in the most polite way possible is not something that would be allowed as it would hurt the rest of my firearms "feelings".;) Know some like the finishes designed to make something look like something that it is not but for me it is like wearing a replica Rolex.

Different strokes for different folks as they say.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I tend to agree with hearsedriver when it come to single actions. I really like my Colts and own several 1st and 3rds, no 2nds for some reason. I am much more of a shooter than a collector. Colt has pretty much priced themselves out of reach for me. When I can buy a new Uberti for 1/4 the price of a new Colt and it shoots just as well, that just makes sense to me.
That being said, I will still buy Colt single actions when I can but I prefer not having to worry about that first ding in a $2k gun.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've got a Cimarron/Uberti Model P 4-clicker from the mid-2000s that is a really sweet gun. Action is perfect and it's a fantastic shooter. It doesn't have the mystique of a Colt, but it's actually a much better gun than the one early 80s 3rd Gen I had. Can't speak to the newer 3rds, but I suspect Colts may have the edge on finish but mechanically it's a pretty close call.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
One other issue. The 'outrageous' Colt ..... go to sell it, and you usually make money. The Uberti is 1/2 the cost of a Colt. Go to sell it and you lose money. The money can sit in the bank at 0.15% interest (maybe) or it can sit in a Colt you can shoot and enjoy and have pride of ownership, then if you need money sell it. (As for those out there who "never sell my guns" I just can't relate to that, it is so foreign to me.) So while a Colt IS expensive, it is not out of line for what it is and how it is made. They really do hold value well. Weagle99 states the $125 SAA in 1955 is the equivalent of $1235 today. I am sure he is right, yet you could sell any used 2nd gen 1955 SAA for more than $1235.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts