Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as thread asks, what’s your current CCW? Also could add why? Always looking for some new options, ideas, and reasons I haven’t considered yet.

My current is the Springfield Hellcat in 9mm with the extended mag. Purchased specifically for size, weight, and capacity, for ease of concealment anytime.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I switch back and forth between a Sig. P220 compact 45acp 6+1 or a Sig. P229 9mm 15+1. Both pistols are the same size and both wear Hogue Rosewood grips. They are a bit heavy compared to the new plastics but I don't carry everyday. I'm just old school about metal guns and wood grips. Night stand gun is a Sig. P220 45acp 8+1.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
It actually depends on season, clothing and location. It could be any of the following:
Stainless Ruger Commander 45ACP in Bucheimer Pancake holster
S&W Shield 9mm in Alien Gear IWB
Glock 42 in Alien Gear IWB
Kel-Tec P-32 32ACP in pocket holster

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
I carry a Glock 9mm Model 43 in a Kydex IWB holster. Small, light, perfect POI, and flawless operation. This after trying many over the years.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Blunderbuss, cause no one wants a loaded bugle pointed in their direction shooting nails, gravel, or a lead cannon ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Just as thread asks, what’s your current CCW? Also could add why? Always looking for some new options, ideas, and reasons I haven’t considered yet.

My current is the Springfield Hellcat in 9mm with the extended mag. Purchased specifically for size, weight, and capacity, for ease of concealment anytime.
As with adult diapers, it Depends. Room permitting, a Hi-Power clone in .41AE. Sometimes a SS Taurus 85 2", a Combat Commander in .45 and occasionally a 6" Python. Oh, for über discreet, a Sterling 302 22LR which will fit just about anywhere. Spare mag of course.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A S&W 442. It's my on duty backup and my off duty carry. Pretty much never without it.
Pretty slick units , we have 2 . Kind fun to take the old coat and practice hip shots right through the pocket . The old lady uses a purse .

Reactions: WVCOLT and COKid

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. My current favorites are: Hellcat, S&W 340CT and an LCP. Lightweight, flat and easy to conceal. With the right ammo, I'm even comfortable with the .380 LCP in most places. I've got plenty of small, flat things, too, that punch bigger holes. But they're typically heavier and not suitable for pocket carry if desired.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, that’s lotta different options. Which I think is awesome. One reason I ask is I’ve more recently, as I get a little older, have realized it’s better to buy something of quality than just to have anything I can afford. As I grow older I can afford a little more and I would love to get an opinion on Best Colt 1911 for Carry most anytime. Preferably something that won’t break the bank too much. Although I am digging the 6 inch python idea :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A 6 inch Colt python is pretty far down my list for cc .

1 - 20 of 73 Posts