Colt Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had settled on a 365XL. But wait for it....I have a new fav in a trial period right now. That is a Taurus GX4 9mm, I changed the front sight to a ameriglo orange. added pinky extensions for the 11 rd mags..and the trigger is the best I have ever had for a sub compact 9 of any manufacture..Don't laugh or turn up your nose before you try one..I have put the following thru my trials. Hellcat, G43 10rd. G43 7rd, 365 sig, G26, G23, Colt defender, SW shield plus, kimber solo, probably missed a few. I am constantly looking for the perfect CCW..Taurus GX4 has the best over all score at this point.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Reactions: Rogerwnuss

·
Registered
53 Posts
A Colt Detective Special or S&W 638 rides in my bag everywhere, and my G26 walks with me most everywhere. When it’s not on me, the LCP Max is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
628 Posts
For a number of years a Lightweight Commander in .45ACP rode in a Brommeland IWB holster. About a year ago I put up my Colts and I began carrying a more easily replaced Springfield Ronin. When I couldn't carry the Commander, an S&W Airweight Bodyguard was carried in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I'm hoping to replace both with a Sig Sauer P365XL with a Holosun 407k green dot sight. It's so new I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I intend to carry it in a Vedder LightTuck holster.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

·
Registered
10,041 Posts
If I had to live with just one gun, it would be a 1911. A 1911 has always been my first choice, but which 1911 I would choose has changed over time. The gun I'd choose today is a slightly modified, Ruger LWT, in 45. Ejector tube is built integral with the frame, front strap is serrated, and a titanium insert replaces the aluminum ramp, while still using a traditional style 4.25" Commander style barrel. Novak style sights, a decent thumb and grip safety all come on the gun from the factory. When these guns were first available in the Fall of 2015, they were under $700. locally. How times have changed!

Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander, .45 ACP, Mint - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 921187485
Watch Black Everyday carry Material property Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Prolly the only one here, but a .45 AMT DAO BackUp .45 or a stainless Taurus 85 2" - neither of which will break me up if they are held after self-defense use.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't conceal...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rogerwnuss
61 - 73 of 73 Posts