Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is once again, the end of another year, with plenty to reflect upon.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone here on the Colt Forum for giving this old man a wonderful place to hang out from time to time. Your friendship and camaraderie has been a God send to me, but in the midst of the many subjects we've all discussed, it is your friendship and kindness that's been most enjoyable for me.

Thank you all for making 2017 another very special year.

Most sincerely, I wish you all a very safe, and Happy New Year for 2018.

God Bless You All.

Bud

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
You are absolutely right, Bud !

As for an example when you so kindly sent some ticking to me ! I had no idea what ticking might be but I recognised it immediately when I saw it. Remembering the beds from when I did my military service. The ticking you sent made really fine cartridges and I am eternally gratefull for your kind gesture !! This is what might happen when one is among pleasant and benevolent people ! And this is also why I paid for another three years of Supporting Membership. Oh yeah, you guys have to bear with me for another three years, at least !!

So, I want to wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year and especially to you Bud, for starting this thread !!

Mel.

PS. Attached are some pics of what can be made from Canadian ticking.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
All my life I've been very competitive in different shooting sports as well as racing cars & motorcycles,one of the other shooting sports was muzzle loaders.Most people back then used ticking for the patches ,we would run it thru a couple loads of laundry before cutting it into patches to make it work right.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey there Jim,

You're absolutely right, and I hope I mention that to Meland when I sent that ticking because it's the "sizing" that needs to be washed out of it as it's a bit too stiff if you don't.

Thanks for mentioning that little, but very important step Jim.

Bud

All my life I've been very competitive in different shooting sports as well as racing cars & motorcycles,one of the other shooting sports was muzzle loaders.Most people back then used ticking for the patches ,we would run it thru a couple loads of laundry before cutting it into patches to make it work right.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Sadly, the discussion of firearms is very limited today, as collectors and shooters are painted in a bad light by liberals and the media. This stigma is so bad that I have actually lost a friend when they discovered that I owned a gun. I'm not uneducated, careless, violent, bloodthirsty, or trying to overthrow the government - I just enjoy fine firearms. To that extent, this forum has been a godsend. I've thoroughly enjoyed the time here discussing Colts with others.

A Happy New Year to you all!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I haven't been here long but I love this place, it's the people that make it great. I have been to other sites with lots of info but none with the civility of the folks here. Happy New Year guys and may the best be yet to come for you.

Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Happy New Year to ya Bud, and to everyone else here! And 1911Collector, if you lost a friend because they discovered you owned a firearm, then they were never truly a ​friend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts