Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't understand why the seller is selling these as a package. He'd certainly have more luck if he sold them individually. The high price of entry is going to weed out a lot of potential buyers.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That's an average of almost $1700 per gun. I think that is high for some of the pieces and only fair for some.
Packaging is going to scare off a lot of potential buyers.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I'm befuzzeled on the package deal too unless he didn't want to draw attention to a single gun upon close scrutiny? Dunno. Certainly some of em seem to have honest wear but I wouldn't pony up that kind of money for that many without holding every single one of em and going over em with a fine toothed comb. Just my take on it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree I think if he sold them individually he would get more than his BIN price. I am surprised one of the re-sellers have not picked these up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's an average of almost $1700 per gun. I think that is high for some of the pieces and only fair for some.
Packaging is going to scare off a lot of potential buyers.
Not sure about your math but at most it is $1400 per gun ( BIN of $8400 / 6 guns) and at the bid it is only a little over $1200 per gun. Seems very fare to me.

2.5" Python $1500-$2000
2.5" King Cobra $2000-$2500
2.5" 22LR Dback $2000-2500
3" 22 Cobra $700-1000
Viper $1000-$1200
Nickel BP $500-$800

So my rough guess on low end is $7700 and on the high end is about $10K or even more you know how these guns are going up!!

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
hmm. he's not an FFL. boy this seller goes on a buying spree for the Colts looking at recent purchases. sells a few. got good feedback. he's bought some recently with the box so maybe he's thinning the herd a little. selling the ones that are not a complete package. 179 all good feedbacks in 4 years is a fair amount and mostly a buyer.
I would say something has come up that he wants cash quick to do a one deal sell.. or maybe not. Who the heck wants to deal with 6 different people all at once. If he doesn't get one big bite on these then he may break it up to sell the those that could afford just one or two of them.
I'm not really interested in buying so I'm not gonna email a "what for?" to him. I would agree that it is unusual to see a buffet of Colt snake guns on one auction. He may be like me.. I'm an A+ buyer. not a good seller. I hate to part with them and when I decide to do so then I want it gone before I change my mind;)

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
No boxes, no papers, no tools, too high.
and used too. it might be a nice collection for someone but more than i'd be willing to pay for used guns without boxes. especially with pics of only one side and a barely basic description of finishes.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Who has that much money laying around to buy all these guns @ once? That is without detailed pics of each gun showing everthing,no boxes,no manuals,no test targets.I really don't think that route will be successful unless a dealer picks them up for resale.Even then a much better presentation is needed IMHO.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Who has that much money laying around to buy all these guns @ once? That is without detailed pics of each gun showing everthing,no boxes,no manuals,no test targets.I really don't think that route will be successful unless a dealer picks them up for resale.Even then a much better presentation is needed IMHO.

In the condition they appear to be in, I don't think he has left enough meat on the bone for a dealer to spend that kind of money for resale, even under the best of circumstances.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts