Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 1984 I bought a 4 inch Diamondback 38 , new in the box for next to nothing. It had been special ordered a few years before in Petersburg, Alaska and never picked up. Since it was a 38 Special nobody in that fishing town wanted it... So $135 bucks and out the door I went. I installed some Pachmeyer grips and used it as an off-duty gun to supplement my 4 inch Python.
Well years later I went broke and had to sell the Diamondback and a couple other Colts.

But a month ago I found the original factory grip stocks out in my work shop. (inside a coffee can full of grip stocks)

What are they worth? I assume they must be from a late 1970s Diamondback. I asked in a couple other places and had all sorts of wild range estimates.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That is the fault with asking values. You could look on ebay or the gun auction sites sand see what they have sold for and base your price on that. The ideal situation is that if you remember the person you sold the gun to, I would contact them. They may want them. Ron

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would say $125 and up, depending on condition and whether there is a bidding war. Yours look pretty mint, so I would put them in the "and up" category. Indeed check eBay, GunBroker and the forum Classifieds for comparisons. Yes it's crazy, but that's the way it is. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts