Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the correct grips 1952 GM and 1969 38 Super? I picked up both from a friend but he is famous for moving grips around just too tinker. he had the Colt wood with molded Medallion on the 52 GM and checkered walnut with gold medallion on the 38 super. I think the Colt woods with molded medallion go on the 38. I think the 532 gets non medallion checkered or the WWII style Colt woods. help me out here. Here is the 52.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
The pictured "Coltwood" stock style was original equipment on both the 1952 and 1969 pistols.

(Apologies to anyone offended by my "delivery.")

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, JudgeColt as always you are a fountain of Colt info. I like you delivery but of course I am an old curmudgeon. And apparently I missed who ever has questioned your "delivery' recently. I appreciate you.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Thank you for your support. Go the "Government Model, circa 1954" thread to see how rude and insolent my delivery is, according to some. It is interesting to me that I have had three private messages seeking advice and counsel since being exposed yesterday evening as having offensive delivery and being rude and insolent. I guess not everyone sees "offense" the same way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
JudgeColt, as a frequent transgressor in the erroneous use of generic "1911" to describe other than true 1911s, I have to say that I am not in the least offended by your delivery. "Government Model" sounds kinda stilted to me, but accurate terminology is what it is. Thanks for keeping us on the right track.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The pictured "Coltwood" stock style was original equipment on both the 1952 and 1969 pistols.

And those pictured are obviously original as they have evidence of shrinkage :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts