Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the sense of the price going ape all of a sudden.

I think it may be either the 4" Anaconda or the 2" Lawman snub.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I think that the real sleeper right now is the Trooper MK V but that's JMO.D*

·
Registered
244 Posts
Watching the Anacondas on Gunbroker, I'm thinking that's it. But, I think its more about the fact that most buyers now days want immediate gratification and are willing to pay big bucks for that which they don't have. Just have to hope it's what you have and are willing to part with.

SM

·
Registered
478 Posts
Agree. The MKV is a dark horse.
Interesting. So new lock-work nowithstanding? I was just thinking about this today, wondering when/if the market would take off for newer-style internals Colts.

What about Three Fifty Seven and original model Troopers in 357?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
With a little bit of polishing the action of a MK V can be brought up to Python standards and they are just about as sexy looking with the big V and the puking pony.:)D*

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
3-5-7 I can agree on but the OP is an ugly duckling.JMO.D*

·
Premium Member
6,467 Posts
3-5-7 and Official Police.
Think the price run-up on 357s and orignal model Troopers has already started. These great Colts are finally getting the respect they so justly deserve. I think any Colt Snubby will be high demand in the next few years -- assuming Colt doesn't get back into the DA market (which I don't think they will) with a nice one. Just too many OPs around to generate high demand. Great shooters, but not scarce (except the 2" version) by any means. As always, JMHO.

·
Registered
862 Posts
With a little bit of polishing the action of a MK V can be brought up to Python standards and they are just about as sexy looking with the big V and the puking pony.:)D*
I agree the pony rearing up inside the "V" is beautiful but that's about all the Trooper mkV has going for it. The only thing it has that's to Python standards is the rib on the top of the barrel. It's a coil spring, machine fit revolver with cast internals with a lame/lifeless double action trigger pull. The rose colored skinny pressed wood stocks that came with them during production were also god ugly and are known to shift/wobble after a few hundred rounds (yes the Boa style solid wood stocks are much nicer). It's a strong revolver design, but a Python it most certainly is not.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
This thread has proven that Colt collectors like and collect different models. But everyone likes to see a 50 year old gun still new in the box. Thats the gun thats going to go up in price year after year, the one new in its origial box. I think thats what going to be the next big thing.

John

·
Premium Member
9,516 Posts
Aren't King Cobras (at least in the uncommon barrel lengths like 2.5-inch and 8-inch) already "the next big thing?" The Python appearance and name apparently are priceless, since the "357" is essentially the same gun, but not worth nearly as much even though the "357" is far less common.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts