Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me I wish Colt would have made the Anaconda in blue and also chambered it in .41 magnum.

Who else have some "I wish"?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For starters:

What they shouldn't have done but did!

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
I think Colt should have let me hold / shoot / drool on the 50th Anniversary Python!

Aside from that, I think they should have kept the New Frontier in the line-up.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Bring back the Detective!!
I'd also like to have seen a 45 Colt anaconda in royal blue.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's a good ideal.I have a 4 inch 45 Anaconda.Maybe I should have it anodized like the Cobra's and then I'll have the only one on the planet....Or be branded the dumbest Colt guy on the planet,,,he he

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think Colt missed the boat when they didn't go for the 41mag myself.I find this is one helluva cartridge,,especially for hot rodding.

·
Registered
144 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see select percussion pistols reintroduced but made here and equaling the quality of the originals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going to happen. There are too many NIB 2nd and 3rd generation blackpowder guns for sale on the net, indicating a lack of demand. The cost to tool up would be prohibitive. The only cost effective way is to import parts, then fit, finish and assemble them in Hartford, which is what they did with the 2nd Gen. guns. A lot of Colt purists don't consider them "real" Colts, but heck, Colt used subcontractors to supply parts, and even entire guns, starting with the Patterson Colts, so I don't see the difference as long as the quality is up to Colt's standards. The bluing on my 2nd Gen. 1851 Navy is as good a finish as I've ever seen on any gun. You can literally read the print on a newspaper reflected in the finish on the barrel. The colors in the case hardened frame are beautiful, and the gun locks up like a bank vault. I don't see how they could have been better.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
They should have offered low interest financing on their firearms through a Colt credit card. I've heard that GM made more money from their financing than on manufacturing.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Have had this discussion over and over with Colt fans. Looks like what they are going to do is nothing. They have sold the trademark names of many models to USFA. Would be surprised if we ever see a new 357 , 44 or 45 double action revolver, 22 auto, 380 auto or 38 Detective Spl again . Would think that with Cowboy Action Shooting being as big as it is , they would have at least reintroduced the 22 Peacemaker and New Frontier

·
Registered
991 Posts
Colt should have learned from more recent successful companies like Les Baer and Freedom Arms. They should have changed the marketing structure, lowered production, and catered to a specific market.

Is there anyone here that would say a new Colt 1911 is as good, or better than, a Les Baer or Ed Brown?

(Ooops! Forgot about wheel guns.)

Just my humble opinion.

P.S. Same goes for Smith & Wesson. They're nothing but a glorified Taurus.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
One to watch for the next day, let's see if it gets any takers with undoubtedly bad taste! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, well: you can always send it back to Colt for a reblue!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts