Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not including the colts you purchased to sell or trade, what colts did you get last year to keep? I got a shooter Trooper MK III, a shooter 4" Python, and a 1973 Colt AR 15. I also got a couple of other non colt auto's for carry purposes. The Python and Trooper are just to heavy.

Reactions: bmcgilvray

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I actually aquired severl,cant really remember what came in or went out to let the others come in,:bang_wall:. Buttttt the center point of what ill probably ever own is BOA 5/6 which a generous forum member has allowed me to hold and love for quite sometime to come;).

love the guns now,not him LOL, even though I may have told him that

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
In 2013:
A 1919 Police Positive .32.
An 1892 .38 DA (1902).
A 1919 Police Positive (.38) Special.
Other stuff was 2 stripped AR lowers and 2 lower parts kits.
My only Colt in 2012 was a Model M 1908 .380 (1933).
Other pistols was an Auto Ordnace 1911A1 .45 for my son.

·
Registered
879 Posts
This would be a great general thread in the lounge as well. Since I just started to collect this year its been kind of busy and all over the place. So here it goes. I started first by getting a Remington Rand USGI from 1944, I know its not a colt but you have to start some where.

Then I bought a 1903 hammer from 1917

Then I got a Python from 1957

Then I bought a Govt model from 1919

Then a Govt model from 1917

Then I got a King Cobra

And finally I bought yesterday to end the year with a 1903 Hammerless from 1917. No pictures yet.

So its been a busy year...here is to 2014.

Colin

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Only one new Colt was added to the stable but it was significant, looming large in my own mind. Was the product of several years' negotiations with some few delays thrown in. A first-year-of-production 3 5 7.

Was it worth it? Yessss!!! In spades!

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/67362-colt-3-5-7-discussion-thread.html

Very gratifying to own and shoot, it is.

Several guns happened along this year, somewhat more than a normal year. I have to say that each and every other one gathered in was an "accidental" find or opportunity. The 3 5 7 was well planned.

Never saw this mid-1950s Smith & Wesson Heavy Duty coming. Was doing gun show security one weekend and it just came off that exhibitor's table and hit me up side the head. Getting hit up side the head with a Smith & Wesson Heavy Duty is startling to say the least.

One of those items that's resided on the extended version of the "want list" for many years, this intriguing Remington Model 51 was offered by a forum-land friend. Didn't know a Remington Model 51 was going to happen along in 2013 but was so grateful for the opportunity. This design is even better than it's cracked up to be in various narratives to be found in an internet search. Wow, what a cool design, and how well made, and how well-handling this .380 is!

A Smith & Wesson Model 18 K-22 Masterpiece was percolating near the top of the "want list" and has been for some time. It was one of those useful handguns that I knew I needed, would like, and would use. I just needed to find the right one. What I wasn't expecting was to find a quite decent K-22 made in 1953, before the assigning of the Model 18 designation, while doing security at a later gun show in the same venue as found the Heavy Duty. Priced right in with garden variety Model 18s, the 1950s vintage appearance and quality won me over.

Additionally, a cheapo Winchester Model 190 .22 automatic called to me from the most recent gun show security detail a few weeks back. This one was picked up for chump change and had a perfectly serviceable Weaver K-3 scope mounted on it. Sort of a two-for-one deal to my way of thinking. While it's no Ruger 10/22 or high-grade .22 automatic rifle, it addresses a "return to my youth" as I purchased my very first firearm, a Winchester Model 190, in 1971 and it served for much plinking and hunting fun for some 35 years. Wore out two trigger assemblies so sold it some years ago, just to get it out of the way. Wished I'd instead ordered and installed yet another trigger assembly from Numrich and just kept the original going.

Our son who is in the Marine Corps has already ordered us matching Colt 1991s with commemorative features that honer his company and regiment. I'm excited about that. And, I'm saving my pennies for an upcoming Smith & Wesson Triple Lock, another long-time resident of the top of the "want list," that a good Smith & Wesson bud is offering to me. That'll hopefully wrap up 2014 pretty early.

Unless another "accident" happens.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I just really became a Colt fanatic in August of 2013 with the purchase of a 77' Diamondback 4", then followed up with a '75 Python 6", '75 Trooper MKIII 6", and '95 Anaconda 8". In that order.

The prize pig out of those, to me, is the Anaconda.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I would like to have acquired a few good First Generation SAA's, but the ones I saw lacked condition and/or were priced too high. Is it just me, or do First Generation SAA's seem high lately?

·
Registered
785 Posts
These three are new, and have helped feed my appetite for the Colt Super .38 -

These two are used, but too interesting not to own and shoot -

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Good year for Colts and some other Grail Guns. Managed to get the following:

Colt "1917 Civilian" New Service
Colt Police Positive Target (G Frame) in .22 WRF
Colt Police Positive Target (G Frame) in .32 Colt Police
Colt Police Positive Target (C Frame) in .22
Colt 1908 Vest Pocket
Colt Junior in .22 Short
another Colt 1908 Vest Pocket
Colt New Frontier 22 with the 4 3/4" barrel

Got one of my 20+ year Grail Guns from a great forum member -- a very nice Smith & Wesson Model 27-2 with the 3 1/2" barrel.
I also traded for another long time Grail Gun from a LGS -- A Ruger Super Blackhawk made in 1982 (a great shooting .44 Magnum I always wanted).

Good luck to all in 2014!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.