Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
That's true, the OK fight was not a good thing for the Earps, considering one of his brothers was revenge killed, and another crippled for life, and they all had to leave town or get murdered.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
I find these shipped to points very interesting. Think about how many collectors try to find Colts shipped to "interesting places or historic people". No one pays up for a SAA shipped to "just a hardware store." But I've always figured, most....almost ALL were shipped to the big hardware stores, even if they went next to a buyer in Dodge City, Tombstone, Deadwood, or all these famous old west towns people dream of. Frontier buyers seldom made a gun order, just like buyers seldom do today. For every gun ordered and shipped to a person, or small general store in an old west town, there were hundreds shipped to large retails stores in the midwest and up North. From there....dealers would bring them down to the Southwest to resell. That's why it's so rare to find a gun shipped to these places.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Yep, the dirt roads I used to shoot at and run my dogs all have snowbird RVs showing up the past few years. I'm about 30 min from Tombstone. I love camping too, so can't really complain. I DO complain about homeless camps that bring in trash and couches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts