Colt Forum banner
241 - 260 of 1,659 Posts
Just back from the range. Its been a few years since I last took this 2nd Series Woodsman Match Target to the range. Also brought my S&W K-22 (Model 17-6). I put these S&W Presentation stocks on it just after I purchased it new in 1989. It came with a beautiful pair of finger groove combat stocks, but I'm not really a fan of them but of course I've kept them. Last up is a Colt 9mm Competition Model. This pistol always pleases, soft shooting and quite accurate with my handloads.

Shooting sport Recreation

Gun Shooting sport Ammunition Shooting Revolver

Shooting sport Recreation Circle

Those presentation grips are pretty. Strangely my used / bought at auction 17-6 came with those rather than the combats. I put them on my 66 for a while. The 66 had combats from new which I bought from the LGS new with the gun in 1989, when they were plentiful and cheap.

And I also shot my 17-6 at 50 m, the 25 m range was out of service

Not today but this past Friday. 1958 SAA 38 spl, Peacemaker 22lr, early 2000’s SAA 45 Colt, early 1980’s SAA 44-40 with BP loads, S&W 41. S&W was of course the most accurate but the 44-40 most fun. The 45 Colt was shot with my 45 round ball over 6.5 grains of Unique, a real pussycat of a load.

CLASSIC12,
Here's a pic of the combats and the box showing the end label. Mine has a Target Hammer and Target Trigger and I note that your's doesn't. I thought (and I'm certainly NO expert!!) that only the the Model 17-6 revolvers that had the target hammer/trigger came with the combats. I may be way out of line but regardless your's (and mine) are nice revolvers. I just prefer the target stocks and I believe these targets came off one of the many LEO Commemoratives from the late 80's. It's been so long I don't remember where/who I got them from.

Food Cuisine

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Air gun

New Night Cobra. Very nice double action. Plate rack for a few strings. Actually my son’s gun for carry. We’ll run a couple hundred rounds 38 target and plus P this weekend.
Vic

Another quiet morning at the Club Range. Brought a couple of pistols that I haven't shot in quite a while. First up is a 3rd Series Woodsman Target (1968). Such a nice trigger on these it's no wonder why they were so popular.

Gun Shooting sport Shooting Ammunition Recreation

This is my Series 80 Colt Combat Commander 9mm (1986). This pistol was a bubba project that went horribly wrong with bubba trying to low mount a Millett rear sight. The previous owner wanted rid of it and I made it my project to fix it. The bubba'd area of the slide required some welding, but the finished project turned out pretty well. Thats a Wichita rear sight that has been low mounted. Lots of Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts on the pistol and as you can see by the pic, it's a real nice shooter.

Gun Shooting sport Ammunition Trigger Shooting

Last up is my Series 70 Government Model .45ACP (1975). I have many thousands of rounds through this one, so much so that I cracked the slide around the firing pin hole. I had a hardened steel sleeve installed which fixed the slide and the pistol continues to be a nice shooter. I had a Bomar rear sight low mounted into the slide and a Videki trigger installed in the mid 80's and I'm using Wilson Combat 47D magazines.

Gun Shooting sport Recreation Shooting Trigger

Sorry about my post, my P.C. is having some issue's. It seem to miss some letter's after I punch them in. What I meant to say was I'm still breaking the new Colt 9mm in. Hit 200 round's this morning. I'm going to try to get some photo's this weekend!

Took three to the local indoor range. I recently picked up this original Armalite AR-7 and every time I tried it could not get through a magazine without multiple failures to feed properly. I did some research and there were two main issues according to many...magazines and the chamber needing work. I didn't want to try and give the chamber a slight ramp if unnecessary so I purchased brand new Henry magazines. Even with dummy rounds it not only didn't feed...the bolt slid over top of the magazines and never touched the rounds much less stripped the top round to feed it. I sent both new magazines back. Then I found a couple of original Armalite magazines for it...took it to the range and it worked perfectly...not a hitch of any kind. I'm going to get a new magazine spring and see if that fixes the mag the rifle came with (I assume it's an Armalite mag but don't know for a fact. Here's the results at ten yards standing offhand. Ammunition was CCI Stingers.

My Colt Law Enforcement Carbine...added a red dot sight and wanted to zero it. The iron sights were already dead on. The first target shows how it grouped...low and to the left. The second group on the target was my over adjusting the red dot...a little low and to the right. The second target is after final adjustments...felt no need to adjust them further. Ammunition was Hornady 75 grain TAP (Tactical Application Police) BTHP. Range was twenty-five yards standing offhand.

Last was my Olympic Arms Carbine in .45 ACP. I've had this for nearly thirty years and it's always been dependable and accurate. I recently got a case of .45 ACP+P and wanted to run it through the piece. No adjustments were necessary to either the iron sights or the red dot. It was Federal JHP+P. Range was fifteen yards standing offhand.

Reactions: Kerz
Spent a little time at the range this afternoon as it is supposed to rain most of tomorrow. I have just finished a set of grips for a Mk4 22/45 and wanted to give them a try. So, I grabbed the Ruger, a 1948 vintage Smith K22 and a 1901 Colt Lightning small frame rifle in 22 Long. The grips seemed to work pretty well in my hands, the K22 was it's usuall excellent self and the old Colt pump gun was a hoot to shoot! Fortunately I have over a brick of the 22 Long ammo so I don't fret over shooting it a bit. Fun day!

241 - 260 of 1,659 Posts