Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Two absolute classic beauties !
Vic

Reactions: Beecherkid

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Nice targets! Looks like 96x2 and a 97x1. Was that 20 yd rapid?
Vic

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Good morning Vic!
Those are at 20 yards, but slow fire. I've been shooting pistols with red dots recently, it's quite a challenge going back to iron sights with 62 year old eyes....... Getting old surely sucks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good morning Vic!
Those are at 20 yards, but slow fire. I've been shooting pistols with red dots recently, it's quite a challenge going back to iron sights with 62 year old eyes....... Getting old surely sucks.
Right there with you brother! I will occasionally get multiple groupings on my targets because of the floaters in my vitreous humor as a result of the vitreous having detached in both eyes. Great groups, each an inch or less but the groups are distinct and separate by a few inches. I love shooting handguns with iron sights but it’s definitely easier to shoot the rifles / scopes! Jack

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
A couple of chipmunks off the back deck this morning...over coffee.

Easy Pickins !!

( I would post pics of the varmints, but a snowflake or two may start a meltdown...so, if you ever seen Chip & Dale you got the idea. )

;)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I brought out a couple of 1911 .22 Conversion Unit's this morning. The top one is a 70's era Kart (Fred Kart) 6" barrel, when he was associated with United States Arms Corp. Fred Kart set the standard pretty high when these came out and they are still cherished by Bullseye shooters. The serial# of this Conversion Unit is #092 which makes it an early one. Later on Fred Kart branched out on his own. The roll markings of the barrel shroud then changed to "Kart Sporting Arms Corp". The lower is a '75 era Colt Government Model .45 that has been worked over. Both magazines are Kart's, the one on the right has "U.S. Arms Corp" stamped into the base plate and the other is marked "Kart". Magazines for these are very hard to come by and generally very expensive when you do find one. On the bottom is a Marvel Precision Unit#2 called "The Practical". This model doesn't quite have the accuracy of Marvel's Unit#1, but it's pretty close. The lower is a worked over Norinco M1911-A1 and I'm using GSG metal mags. This model of "The Practical" has the slide lock-back feature.

5F6B6928-E1A3-40B0-A642-0A69392659D0.jpeg

FF427857-7528-46D3-8053-848F111BCF17.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Good targets, again!
Back in the early 80s I bought a Les Baer 45 acp gun with a Kart barrel. In those days Les was a big fan of Kart. May still be for all I know.
You sure seem to be doing good with irons for a dot shooter.
Give me three right on the Kart gun 😀

I started the Hi Std Supermatic Citation ammo testing this morning. 32 ft and benched. 6-shot groups.
Vic

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I'll be interested to see what the CCI-SV does. Federal Match looking good. Looks like you got a winner there Vic!! Hard to beat any High Standard!!!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
A couple of more .22's to the range early this morning. First up is a S&W Model 41 (1963) with 7 3/8" barrel with muzzle brake and a set of S&W Olympic Weights. The upper is a scarce aluminum one the other 2 are steel. I put 100 rounds of CCI-SV through both pistols and this is the best target of the 10 for the Model 41. Target shot at 20 yards double handed. I like the added weight and I always seem to shoot this pistol pretty well.

5E3A1596-6212-4C35-99E1-65487B17FF0B.jpeg

Since I shot the Model 41 with a muzzle brake I installed one on my 3rd Series Woodsman Match Target (1959). I have no idea who made these muzzle brakes. I've asked Bob Rayburn if he has any idea who produced them and he didn't know. I've seen a few of these over the years, they attach via the forward front sight pin which locks it on the barrel. On mine, I push it on and it stays put without needing to remove the front sight pin. I shot this pistol second and the weight difference was causing me issues (thats my excuse lol), maybe the 2 coffees kicked in, anyhow I didn't shoot this one very well. This is the best of the 10 targets and the others were not good at all!! Practise makes perfect! I need to shoot it more.

330D6C44-F0EF-41EA-AE48-925205B99093.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Robert (y)
Looks like a 94x1 and 93x3. What's your hold, 6 oclock or COM? Same for both?
Vic

Reactions: 824tsv

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Hi Vic,
My POA with iron sights is 6 o'clock. All my pistols with irons are set up the same way.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Today...it was a target rich environment.

Got a big, fat, lumbering, brown groundhog from atop the back deck...taking two head shots to stop him.

Then one of two grey squirrels chasing each other around as I dispatched the hog...the 2nd one wasn't stupid enough to stick 'round.

Easy Pickin's...!!

261 - 280 of 286 Posts