Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Old school German Sig P228 Compact 9mm. Just installed a 18lb. Wolff mainspring, SRT kit and a Grayguns P-SAIT trigger. It is a fine shooter at 21 feet offhand.

20190122_185725_resized.jpg

·
Registered
631 Posts
Celebrated my little girls 2nd birthday today with friends and family...had to sneak out to the shop for a little range time with the USFA before the sun set on a pretty perfect day. Some .45 Colt through a little pumpkin that looked at me wrong...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Shot these today oh and a vest pocket 25 with stag grips not pictured.... Flattop 45c , engraved 357 , Lightning 45c Mark III snubby "E"Nickel 357 have had it for years never shot it.... broke its cherry and what was i waiting for "Tank Gun" and accurate.

IMG_0844.jpeg

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Shot these today oh and a vest pocket 25 with stag grips not pictured.... Flattop 45c , engraved 357 , Lightning 45c Mark III snubby "E"Nickel 357 have had it for years never shot it.... broke its cherry and what was i waiting for "Tank Gun" and accurate.

View attachment 612877
Mark065, How does your Lighting rifle shoot? To me, they’re interesting rifles.

Joe

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Joe it shoots nice very good interesting and Cool... but you have to use the action with intention fast and not sluggish or you may get a jam, always loved the clone lightnings. This Beretta is beautiful but been thinking about getting a Pedersoli in 357 or 44 with longer barrel so the Beretta might have to go.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had intended to go shooting on Monday, and if possible again today (Thursday). To my surprise and disappointment, the range I belong to was close on the practical pistol bays setting up for a match I never heard of. Got home and checked their calendar and found the pistol bays are closed all week, through Sunday.

This is becoming a growing problem around my part of the country (SW). Competition is a money maker for the clubs/ranges so they are scheduling more and more matches. Unfortunately that leaves the rest of the membership who want to practice practical or self defense shooting (drawing from a holster, multiple targets, etc) with fewer and fewer days the practical area is available. My club has 6000 members but only 2000 to 3000 compete. Those of us left are not that important anymore., until it's time to renew our membership.

Sorry but being shut out of two days of practice and shooting has me in a bad mood. I'll crawl back under my rock now.

Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got out for a little range time with some new 22 ammo. I was playing with some CCI Suppressor 45 gr HP subsonic and some Gemtech 42 gr subsonic. I took out the Remington Rolling Block #2 and a S&W Model 17. Could only shot at 12ish yards because stands were frozen solid.
mod 17 gemtech 42gr sub.JPG

mod 17 CCI 45 gr sub.JPG

#2 gemtecg 42gr sub.JPG

#2 CCI 45gr sub.JPG

When I get a chance I can try and run these through my Colt Challenger to see if they cycle.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I'm afraid that I wussed out and only shot light switches and doorknobs (as usuall) today. The winters are getting colder and I'm getting older or something - But I do enjoy shooting my Colt SAA's at things in the house and working on my sight alignment and trigger control. The truth be told I could have gone outside today because it is not too bad temp wise. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Springfield Armory Range Officer 45 ACP today at an indoor range. Lost the "World Heavyweight Championship" title belt to a shooting buddy in a friendly competition.

21 - 40 of 287 Posts