Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this 1918 m1911 for sale. I know its hard to tell with this 1 limited picture but does it look correct and what value do think it might be if the barrel and mag are correct. Serial number is in the 300k range. I know the finish is all gone but at least the slide matches the frame (finish wise). What gives me pause is slide stop is a lot darker than the rest. So tell me what you think....

thanks for any help

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Trigger appears to be a later type.

Blueing durability can vary on small parts and frame, where small parts retain the Blue longer somehow or other, but, more images and close-ups of parts in question, would be needed.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
comparing pictures of colts milled long and short triggers I think to me its a milled long trigger. If everything is correct what's its value

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
Where in the 300K serial number range? The slide doesn't appear to be correct with the Rampant Colt behind the slide serrations.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Where in the 300K serial number range? The slide doesn't appear to be correct with the Rampant Colt behind the slide serrations.
My 1918 Colt 1911 has the rampart Colt behind the slide serrations.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I contacted the seller to find out for sure what the SN# was and sadly its SN is 347325. I thought it was 247xxx. Made the mistake in the first post saying 300k and not 200k like I thought. So the slide is incorrect to frame. I will not be buying it :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts