Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you call the the rod that hold a pistol up

IS there a name for it. I have been look's in catalog for them. I see s&w ones at the gun shops, but have been told that they are not for sale, I am looking for 4 of them.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
frank, i assume you are talking about the rod stuck thru the triggerguard to take photo`s with. never seen one marked colt but you could make your own if you have a wood lathe, lacking that a piece of plexiglass rod of the right size cut to length and polished would also work.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that what i am looking for, at the gun shop he has beretta, S&W, NO COLTs.. someone must make them, I think I will call s&w.

·
Registered
329 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
yea that what i am looking for, at the gun shop he has beretta, S&W, NO COLTs.. someone must make them, I think I will call s&w.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK _---just went through that my self and now I have my "rods " here is where to get them ..........
jmkdisplays.com/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: What do you call the the rod that hold a pisto

I've been told to look at places like Graingers (Graingers.com)**JUST LOOKED COULD NOT FIND HERE*** BUT here is a link
http://www.jmkdisplays.com/acrylicrod.html

It's called Acrylic Rod if you do a seach. As for the names on the end, I've thought about the "logo's" that are sold on Ebay for the grips. They are fairly cheap also.

I've been trying to think of a way of building into the "blind end" a colored LED system to light up the trigger area for effects.

L-1
jerry c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts