Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just reading the thread by craigos on another fake Python package on GB which is a constant on the forum anymore, and I want to thank everyone who keeps the info flowing and fight going. I just had an idea, do you think I should list one of my true NIB Pythons for sale for a ridiculous price (like low 5 figures lol) on GB so it will never be sold and put a title which EVERYONE will be compelled to click on it. I would show the original NIB Gold Foil era NIB Python and talk about all the fakes and the "boxman" though I would not use his name or handle because that would get my auction closed. It would only cost me about $10 to list with the features I need, and then I could re-list forever for free lol. I could go one step further and explain EVERYTHING I have learned on these fakes on here and through my many travels of collecting these. BEFORE I done it I wanted to get the forum members opinions and will go by what you say, whether to do it or not. The reason I ask is the flip side on the coin (bad part) is the fakers will see it, have all the tips, and then start reproducing ones which will be very hard to tell the difference. Currently we are safe with the "fakes" out there, they are pretty easy to tell apart once you know what to look for. What are your honest opinions??? No one will (or shouldn't) condemn you for not wanting the info out there to the fakers. I lean that way a little myself. But I am tired of seeing people get ripped off, everyone do this BS making fake packages, and then that POS making a fortune off of it. Of course he has enough money now to make a good fake... If anyone doesn't want to post their opinion in my thread, feel free to PM me. I assure you, No one will ever know what you said.

Reactions: dyogi and mikegs430

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Knowledge is our friend. But somehow, it seems no one wants to post pictures of there "real" ones next to fakes and point out all the differences, because out of fear they would educate the counterfeiters. I just think that’s backwards thinking. I think there should be a "Sticky” thread on what to look for and actually educate our members. The more we educate without the fear that we are helping the counterfeiters the better off we will be. Its like not selling guns because we might sell them to a crimnal.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
big_gus, I know you have put a lot of thought into this and I appreciate it. I have sent you an email with some of my initial thoughts. I think this could be a worthwhile endeavor, in one form or another, and I look forward to helping in any way I can. Might be fun too!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I know some have a great love for all the packaging and paperwork but I really think the foofuraw is not worth that much. We threw away thousands of dollars in today's prices of boxes and paperwork. The gun was the important part. The gun. jmtc

·
Registered
982 Posts
Gus, I think it is a great idea. To think it gives those guys something to copy, is to assume that all the original boxes and documents are in the possession of collectors on the Colt forum. Good Lord, they have unlimited items to draw information from. The dumb goober that throws the items together and calls it original isn't the main concern. The professionals who are making a living selling counterfeit items are the targets. To not impart the information is assisting them in there endeavor.

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Been gone since I posted this today guys, just got in and am exhausted. I will try to reply to everyone tomorrow when I can get rested up. I am one who has always responded to everyone's PM and emails whatever info was wanted or subject was, except when I was not available with all the "family issues" those 5-6 months, so be assured I will get back with you. Thanks for everyone's input and ideas, Keep them coming please :).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Gus, I applaude your efforts and desire to educate the Colt boxed gun buying public. The goal should be to show true labels and fake labels side by side with info arrows pointing to the differences. Then a buyer could go to this Forum's sticky on labels and see correct labels and fake labels side by side.

That does NOT educate the fakers! It does HELP the buyers! Making fake labels is a lot like making fake $100 bills. There are plenty of mint examples out there to copy! The problem for the faker is trying to Make it right! Not knowing what IS right!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Guys all the info you need is right here. You just have to use the features to view past threads and you will learn to tell the real from the fake.I agree with not making it "Too Easy" for the fakers.Sticky's with detailed whats wrong with it examples will give Fake Colt Box Man a heads up and make his products better.The real problem is twofold.First you have Box Man flooding the markets with so many fakes and Colt will have nothing to do with protecting thier copyrights.Secondly you have buyers that are too trusting,gullable,or just too lazy to do thier homework as to exactly what they are buying.Knowlege is power and Caviet Emptor......Mike

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:)

Black Red Darkness Lighting Mode of transport

Yellow Font

"I Slaughtered this Horse last Tuesday, I'm afraid she's startin' to turn"... ;)

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
It will be gratifying to see fake box man be overcome with karma of the worst kind. I've had a feeling that one of these days he'll get his just rewards and we'll be reading about it here on Colt Forum.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I think eventually he will be met with some serious karma either from a bunch of guys with badges like the IRS or by him scamming the wrong person.You figure he has gotten away with it for this long that he would stop and consider himself lucky and successful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts