·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean like with a hammer and chisel? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
It is becoming a joke what some people are doing to guns in an effort to enhance their value. That one is bizarre!

I am seeing more refinished revolvers lately. I have pointed out refinished ones to a gun shop owner, or employee, and they give me either a feigned, surprised look, or get annoyed that I could tell the difference.

·
Administrator
7,046 Posts
Man , that is ugly ! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am seeing more refinished revolvers lately. I have pointed out refinished ones to a gun shop owner, or employee, and they give me either a feigned, surprised look, or get annoyed that I could tell the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
I get the same response when I try and tell a customer his gun has been reblued . Many times they will argue as to it's originality thinking I'm trying to "steal" it from them . It just couldn't be reblued . It's been in the family for years . Or , the guy is an "expert" because he's been around guns all his life . /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This gun is on auction and I'm a bit surprised at the bidders. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
One thing I am seeing lately is a revolver that was carried by a LEO for maybe 20 years, then reblued when he retired to make the old girl look good again. Well it has now been 20 or 30 years since the rebluing and normal wear on the new blue is confusing some buyers, and sellers of firearms. I had a gun store manager get really ticked at me a few weeks ago, when I pointed out that an old Colt that I was interested in was reblued a long time ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts