Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a long travel day to make this trade.

This

Plus this

Equals this

1984 M1009 CUCV that the previous owner had started a manual transmission swap and lost interest in the project.

What have you swapped your guns for?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
God going! Around 1984 I showed my brother my 1983 S&W .44 Special I got for around $375 new. He had just put a new carb in a Harley 175 for his girlfreind but then traded me for the gun. i never had a motorcycle lisence bur putted around town on it before seling it for $500. About nine years later I bought the gun back for $350. It still looks new.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I swapped (2) used Mossberg pumps for a Winston 5 piece travel fly rod and a Ruger 7722 (.22 mag) for a Nikon D5000 digital SLR w/ extra lens (like new). I buy some guns a fodder for trading as the values increase (unless I can get them way below current value). But that's just me.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Ive only traded guns for other guns.
Looks like you did real good especaiily if you can get the stick shift put in and get it running. The tires are probably worth more than your trade. You could also get rid of the camper top and maybe get 50 to 100$ for it.
I used to have a cap on my first dodge pickup when the kids were little. They liked to put their sleeping bags in the back and it was good for camping aand carrying stuff when it was raining. But the caps are a real pain when you need to get a load of gravel or fill it full of firewood or throw a deer or 2 in the back. SoI got rid of it as soon as the kids got older.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
In 1982 I traded an engraved, (after market) S&W Model 60 for a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme Brougham 2 dr., 403 cu. 185 HP., straight across for the wife....I eventually traded the wife for a Redhead....More horsepower and plenty of get up and go..Traded the Redhead for a Factory Engraved Colt SAA 3rd. Gen with Factory Ivory chambered in .44-40..Sold the Colt for $7500.00 back in 2005..I haven't looked back..

I do miss one of them...Guess which one !:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Around 1987 I found two unused brand new kid lunchboxes for $15 each. Land Of The Giants and The Wild Wild West. Ten years later Jim at work wanted to buy them and I said $150 each. Howard at work offered me a minty Browning B-92 .357 for $300. I told Jim, "You give Howard the $300, He'll give me the rifle, and I'll give you the lunch boxes." And that's what we did.

·
Registered
280 Posts
JoeA I bet youve kicked your own butt several times for that trade in the years since

BTW Ive got a couple of pretty fair riders in the shed if you have any more pythons and are in a trading mood LOL

·
Registered
797 Posts
Back in 1982 I traded an early Colt AR15 for a 64 Chevy Impala. Drove the car for about six years and sold it for $2000. Miss that car.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just guns for guns - and very few of them at that. I suppose I've got three or four impulse purchases sitting around that I'd trade for something, just to free up the room and pick up some spending money, but I like to keep the quality.

That said, I had one gun for guns trade, on this forum, that made me and the other guy very happy. If I can find the pictures, I'll put them up.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
This is a bit of the reserve but I just recently traded $50k worth of American Silver Eagles for Guns. Now I have been sitting back and watching my investment SHRINK!!! Lol Silver is down.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I once traded a NIB K-22 + $50 for a used 586. I traded an H.O.(S&W model 10 clone) for a real one.
Traded a 39-2 for a 439, then traded that for a nickel model 36. The S&W model 10 is the only one that made sense and worked out ok. Shoulda kept the K-22. Shoulda kept the 39-2. All the others were passed on usually for slight loss. Woulda liked to have hung on to some of theose, too.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Smokehaus, at the time I was disgusted with the Python. It had made several trips back to the shop for locking up and was accurate with only one load. But with that one load, it was extremely accurate. At 100 yards, by sitting and resting my back against a fence post, I could fire 6 rounds and cover all 6 with the palm of my hand.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I traded a 1982 Yamaha "SEGA 750" motorcycle for 3 guns- UZI 45cal B model, Remington 12ga., Sako 7mm bolt gun. Got rid of them all over the years- The Sako was beautiful.

Mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts