Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back to a "certain" pawnshop to see if some recently bought Colt's were out for sale yet.Well,yes they were.The Clark custom,NM Goldcup could be bought for:$1850.00.The PYTHON was there to for only:$850.00.I didnt want to spend that much for one,so we worked out a trade.I traded 2 guns I had for it even swap.Its a blue 6" SN.16387E.Is this an older gun or a newer model?The condition is so good I cant tell any age just by looking at it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifI had about $650.00 tied-up in the trade-in guns,so I really dont know how happy to feel about the deal right now.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,696 Posts
16387E was made in 1976.
The numbers that year ran from 15001E to 48300E.

If the gun is in nice condition, the equivalent of a $650 Python is a STEAL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW, 1976,thats great.The gun has one small scratch,other than that it "looks new".Does anybody know what box would be right for this gun?Have box prices went "stupid"for original Colt boxes,like they did with S&W's boxes?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS, for the box info,I was kinda hoping it was gonna be the same style as my diamondbacks.They have the yellow and black labels on the end and red and black cardboard insides.The guns I traded in was a japanese browning "sweet sixteen"and a springfield P9 [CZ75 clone].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts