Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a NIB 1959 Officers Model Match in .22. Box has test target, "Handling The Handgun" flyer, another flyer--"Helpful Hints" I think, unless I am getting my guns confused. Anyway, it does not have an Officers Model specific instruction manual/pamphlet/whatever you would call it. Would it originally have come with such a model-specific flyer? And one of the little Colt-embossed three-prong "coin" tools is in the box--are they correct for a 1959 gun?

Thanks for any information. Ralph Boineau in central South Carolina

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Ralph - Colt actually didn't issue model specific manuals for double action revolvers until around 1973 or 1974 (with the advent of the styrofoam boxes). There were manuals for the semi-autos and the single action revolvers, but none for the DA revolvers. I have no idea why this is so, but it is.

I'm not sure when the little blued steel sight adjustment tools were introduced, but I think it was sometime in the 1960's.

There was a small screwdriver with yellow plastic handle that was packed with Woodsman pistols. I've never seen one associated with an Officer's Model revolver, but it's possible they were used. Those little screwdrivers were marked with the Colt name and are quite hard to find today.

Of course, the pre-WWII adjustable sighted handguns were shipped with a small, all steel, screwdriver with a hexagonal handle (or maybe it was octagonal). These, too, are hard to find, but seem to be more common than the yellow handled ones.

- - - - Buckspen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Buckspen. Anyone else know about the sight tool, if any, that might have come with the gun?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts