Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is asking $1400. It has the target. I don't know whether or not I will call him. To tell the truth I'd be at about $900. I just bought a nice S&W registered magnum. Might be a good time to lay low. I have a 1950 made OMM in .38 special and I have wanted a .22 companion for years. I bought a Trooper Mk III in .22LR, so I can wait if I have to.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
High condition .22 OMMs with the box and paper are not found for sale very frequently, but do appear online for sale from time to time. I think I paid around $1200 for one in high condition with box and target a year ago, IIRC. Gun prices are up since a year ago.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
i just paid 800 for a good, I would say 90% 1941 model. I wouldn't want a nib one because I would shoot the snot out of it. I have had mine for < a week and already have over 1k rounds through it. Mine is an amazing shooter, and from what I have read they all are. It is the first 22 pistol I fire exclusively da...yeah, it is that good.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I sold a truly perfect example in the same vintage you have listed, for 1800.00 a couple years ago it had a mint box/test target etc. I regret selling it, because I haven't found another. You might look under the flap,,, the test target may be hidden away.

John

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the gun. The metal is mint, 100% finish. there are minor marks on the grips, that may be from the factory. The box is very nice but the cover has one cracked corner. The test target is dated 7/27/68. The set is complete, it has a Colt screwdriver in the original poly bag, the guarantee and the target. The target and box are numbered to the gun.

Now the kicker, the gun was originally sold in Germany and has German Proofs on it.

It is late and i am tired, I will try and get pictures up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I bought the gun. The metal is mint, 100% finish. there are minor marks on the grips, that may be from the factory. The box is very nice but the cover has one cracked corner. The test target is dated 7/27/68. The set is complete, it has a Colt screwdriver in the original poly bag, the guarantee and the target. The target and box are numbered to the gun.

Now the kicker, the gun was originally sold in Germany and has German Proofs on it.

It is late and i am tired, I will try and get pictures up tomorrow.
Please include pics of the registered magnum as well. I know you will offend no Colt people with a grail gun of that pedigree. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
$1800 a few years ago seems like a huge price to me (NIB or not). You must live right Mr. Fugate to get prices like that. Looks like a great example of a OMM 84cadillac.
Truly 100% Perfect new in the box hard to find guns bring well above market prices, this is often hard to comprehend because there are no bona fide recently sold perfect examples to compare to. Its easy to compare apples with apples,, if you have two perfect apples. When a "true blue no excuse gem" comes along , it will usually sell for whatever you ask because the buyers far out number the opportunities to ever own one. This does not apply to almost perfect guns. There is a fine line between mediocre and perfection.

John Fugate

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I bought the gun. The metal is mint, 100% finish. there are minor marks on the grips, that may be from the factory. The box is very nice but the cover has one cracked corner. The test target is dated 7/27/68. The set is complete, it has a Colt screwdriver in the original poly bag, the guarantee and the target. The target and box are numbered to the gun.Now the kicker, the gun was originally sold in Germany and has German Proofs on it.It is late and i am tired, I will try and get pictures up tomorrow.
I don't think you'll regret it. I bought a 98% Model 357 a couple of years back for $850. I felt like I paid too much, but I think that price would be considered cheap today. If you paid $100-$200 "too much", you'll no doubt be ahead in the near future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.