Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see pictures of New Agents and they say "series 90" on the left hand side, mine says "lightweight", on the other side mine says "100 years of service". Is this an anniversary gun? What is a Tier III anniversary gun? Sorry for all the questions, I am just new to Colts.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I see pictures of New Agents and they say "series 90" on the left hand side, mine says "lightweight", on the other side mine says "100 years of service". Is this an anniversary gun? What is a Tier III anniversary gun? Sorry for all the questions, I am just new to Colts.
The pre-2011 New Agents were rolled "Series 90" on the left side. It was replaced with "100 years of service" in 2011. And 2012 and after are marked "Lightweight".

Primary reason: trying to make heads or tails out of series 70, 80, and 90 just leaves you ass backwards and Colt's largely to blame. The series 70 originally came out in the 70's and was a departure from the original (pre-series 70) system with the introduction of the collet barrel bushing. The series 80, of course came out in the 80's and was a departure from the previous design in that there is a trigger operated firing pin disconnector for added safety. The series 90, off course came out in the 90's on the double eagle, and was a double action first pull with a hammer de-cocker.

Why the New Agent was originally considered a series 90? Don't even think Colt knew for sure; there was a flyer add for the New Agent when it first came out with a woman pulling it from her hand bag and the add said "series 80 firing system" but you could read series 90 on the slide of the weapon. Now Colt's website has the firing system as series 80 for the New Agent so go figure. The reproduction series 70's Colt is currently making have solid barrel bushings so they are actually pre-series 70 firing systems. Anyway, I've gone cross eyed. Now I think it's as simple as this: series 70 = no trigger operated firing pin disconnect & series 80 = trigger operated firing pin disconnect. Forget the history, it's just confusing :bang_wall:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.