Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest PN prefix serial number Python Elite you have seen? Or what is the highest PN prefix Regular Python you have seen? I have saw the regular Pythons in the low PN12000s and have seen one elite in the low PN13800s. Anyone saw or have one between these ranges? Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I own Python PN132xx, was told by previous owner he knew of Elite 60 or so s/n higher. That said i also heard production overlapped.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own Python PN132xx, was told by previous owner he knew of Elite 60 or so s/n higher. That said i also heard production overlapped.
Thanks for the reply. During my searches I found reference to someone having a regular Python also in the PN132XX range. This reason I am wondering is I just picked up a NIB Python very very close to PN13900. I have already found an elite with a serial number more than 60 lower than mine, but would love to know if there actually are elites in the PN13300 range or lower.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
What barrel lengths are we talking about ?
They (Colt) made 8 inch Pythons well into the PN serial numbers.
Most likely were special ordered when someone wanted a long barrel Python during the ELITE time frame.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What barrel lengths are we talking about ?
They (Colt) made 8 inch Pythons well into the PN serial numbers.
Most likely were special ordered when someone wanted a long barrel Python during the ELITE time frame.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
The one I am speaking of picking up recently is a 6 inch Blued. I had a 2.5 inch STS in the PN10XXX range. The Elite I was speaking of in the low PN13800 range was a 4 inch Bright Stainless NIB. This 6 inch blued has the regular label on the side of the blue plastic box with model - I3660 and all the usual information, but has a second barcode label on the top of the box with Python 6" Blue, but has CO3660 then serial number and lastly 435211V. Any Ideas if this means anything? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Sorry, I don't know the method to the madness. Only Colt may know the answer to these questions.
As we've seen in the past, anything can happen with Colt.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts