Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Well, to start with, posting live auctions has not been a good thing around here as far as I'm concerned.
Other people may be watching this item in hopes that the rest of the world won't find it.

As for the gun, it's a 4 inch bright stainless limited run with Blue appointments. Kinda like the limited run Combat Cobra made for Lew Horton.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mentioning /Posting live auction debate

I have read some feedback on the site here regarding opinions on mentioning auctions ---I thought that most feel we were only helping each other,educating one another ,etc... /while others feel that it draws more attention and perhaps draws bids ----OK -I am newer then most and as such just won't bother again ----BUT- someone more auction politically savy maybe could post a poll and do it the democratic way and finally end the issue -------------Having said that ,I will not bother again .

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: Mentioning /Posting live auction debate

Yo, I'm not wrist slapping, nor am I wanting to test the water with a poll.
I'm just posting that to give you a heads up on the situation.

FYI: The Question could have been asked with-out posting an auction, such as.... Does anyone have any info reguarding the Colt Custom Cobra model ? It's a polished stainless revolver with blue appointments.
Simple, to the point, and no harm, no foul.
We are happy to answer questions at any level, but tactics can be very meaningful.
Remember, other people watch & read these boards that may not be as savy.
Someday you may come across a smokin' deal on one of the auction sites that nobody else may find. Something that may have no reserve and a low starting price. You may hawk that auction until the end and come to find out one other person found it and posted here about this hot deal and you may end up losing out on it, or paying a couple hundred more for it. Until that happens, you see no harm in it. Once it does happen, you wanna slap the SOB. Especially when that buyer puts it up for sale on the same site for more money. I hope you understand.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
778 Posts

I for one appreciate the heads up.

I did not know that particular model existed. At that price, I fail to believe your announcement will start a huge bidding frenzy.

In two days, I would have found it anyway.

Most of the savvy auction watchers, that bid on guns that sell for over a grand know where they are, and I find that a hundred, or two one way or another is not going to keep somone that really wants the gun from taking it off me.

I also do not want to start an argument again over announcing auctions on the forums.

Bob

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I for one appreciate the heads up.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree, though not interested in this gun. i would certianly rather see a forum member out bid me than a stranger.there have been times when i saw a bargain and thought of posting as i didn`t have the cash. any other opinions??

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
At that price, I fail to believe your announcement will start a huge bidding frenzy.

[/ QUOTE ]
With the infamous .41 Python going for $3500 maybe you should start to believe. Being that this revolver is a limited custom edition the price could soar. There are a lot of people with more money than sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I read the rules when I joined this forum and I just read them again. There is no rule that says you can't post an auction link. If you were trying to sell this gun then technically it should be in the classified section. Since you were just using the link for a reference I'd say it was perfectly within the rules.

BTW
I'm still on the lookout for that 3" Python.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Here we go again... just let the damn thing go.
Point taken.
It get's to be like a bunch of old ladies around here at times.
We even get into reading the rules, starting polls... blah blah blah blah....
We even get people that have never even posted here before to jump in and finally give their 2 pesos worth.
People that don't even have the nads to fill in their profiles.
Are you guys just bored and have nothing better to do ?
You guys are worse than a Homeowners association.
Let it go... Do something to help somebody for a change.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
778 Posts

First of all, whomever bought the 41 mag., got just about what they deserve considering the fact that Colt never made one, and any collector with that kind of money to burn should know that.

Concerning the Custom Cobra, it's going to be interesting to see where it goes, and who the bidders are, as that box label, and the gun sure seem to be authentic. Looks like the playing field is pretty level.

I may take a shot at it myself.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

I see someone just bought themselves a pretty nice snubbie Python.
Hard to find those stainless snubbies.

Congrats.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

whipping a dead horse?? how you do that!!! A1A /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

Stole it. You can right click and save it for yourself. Then you're a horse thief too. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

We even get into reading the rules, starting polls... blah blah blah blah....

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[/ QUOTE ]
HUMMMMM... perhaps a poll?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifj/k

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Stealing a horse, although dead, isn't that someting like a hanging-offense back int the 'ole days? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts

What bunch of characters!

Have a happy, and safe Easter everyone.

May we some day find real peace on earth!

Bob

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Stealing a horse, although dead, isn't that someting like a hanging-offense back int the 'ole days? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.

[ QUOTE ]
What bunch of characters!

Have a happy, and safe Easter everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
The good thing here is that everyone can hide his own Easter eggs. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts