Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
It's hard to judge colors on pictures, but it looks like hard chrome.

Electroless Nickel, (also known as Colt Guard) has a distinct "yellowish" cast to the finish.

If you compare the finish to something known to be made of stainless steel, a nickel or Electroless-Nickel finish will immediately be recognized by this yellow cast.

Hard chrome is "White" to "Blue-White" in color, and the picture looks like that.
Again, comparing to stainless steel will show hard chrome to be very close in color to it.

Armoloy is just a proprietary brand name for hard chrome.

Best guess: A good non-factory hard chrome plated finish.
The give-away is, that they didn't remove the front sight or it's pins before plating.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
LBrennan, I am not trying to be smart here, just trying to help you with your picture posting.

If you put a bracketed
immediately after JPG, your picture will post here, like this:

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 07-16-2004).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Diamondback, I did not know that. I will try it the next time I post a picture. If I understand correctly, what happens is the pic actually appears "embedded" in the posted message, as opposed to people having to click on the link to go see the pic?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
LBrennan
Exactly right. Only you can do it since it is your thread, but go back and edit your first post here. It's the little thing that looks like a pad and pencil, click it on and when your original post comes up add those bracketed
and your picture will appear in this thread on that first posting. Try it.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts