Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend was offered this today for a pretty low price, problem is it does not seem right to me. There is no prefix, serial points to 1964. no box, papers, etc. barrel fit to frame looks crappy and the extractor rod knurl is wrong. Anyone give me some insight? She is pretty beat with blue dulling, loss and scratches all over. I am sure I am missing a few things, and hope you can point me in the right direction.TIA

View attachment 39708 View attachment 39709 View attachment 39710 View attachment 39711 View attachment 39712

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Extractor rod knurl and length are wrong. Grips/Stocks are aftermarket, and the rear top side plate screw should be domed, not flat. IMO

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just walk away. There's no need to run.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Elliot nailed it! As a side note those grips are showing up in many places but still seem to bring $125. By the looks of this pistole' nothing is sacred?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I wouldn't give $500 for it. Somebody that has no idea what they were doing has been inside it. I think you should Run away as fast as you can.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you don't know what has been to the gun, and suspicious on "parts" why even buy it ?

Don't get all wrapped up in the "Colt" mystique.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts