Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WS23. Guess I will stick with the snakes. Only one more to find. But that bear is attractive.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imthduke:
I am a newbie....but eager to learn colts....what is a Kodiak? Saw one for sale.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Kodiak is essentially an Anaconda with unfluted cylinder, ported barrel, a unique set of pachmayer grips, and different roll markings...."Kodiak", paw print, etc.. Colt also produced a cousin called the Grizzly, which was basically a SS King Cobra with unfluted cylinder, ported barrel, same grips as the Kodiak, and with "Grizzly" and paw print roll markings. I tend to believe the 2000 Kodiak, and 500 Grizzly production numbers, because I've run across several Kodiaks, and was able to purchase one with little effort. The Grizzly was a five year search, and I located two in the same week. Haven't laid eyes on one since. I do know, that if the 500 number is correct, there are now only 499, because I have the barrel, cylinder, grips,and internal parts that were purchased after one went through a police chop shop, and the frame was destroyed. I hope the idiot responsible for that one is happy. Anyway, that's it in a nutshell...Happy hunting!

·
Registered
794 Posts
As I said in the other post, 1000 Grizzlys. The Blue Book is wrong. It's not a guess, it's not faith, it's not a belief. It's a fact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a NIB Grizzly at the Phoenix gun show this weekend. It was the only one I've ever seen. Paid $750. It sure felt like a lot of money but I'm sure I got a great deal.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You DID get a great deal! And yes $750 is still a lot of money. But not for what you got.

I'd say you scored. No go out and find its mate, the Kodiak!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
So, you're the one who bought the Grizzly.
It was mint in the box and he was asking $800 firm. He was set up in the small back building correct ?
I had a hard time putting it down when I had it. Congrats.
It looks like a King Cobra with a Python Barrel.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
By the way, did you see the nickel plated .22 6 inch Diamondback on the table across from that guy for $800 ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Jeff don't tell me you didn't buy the Nickel 22 DB! Was there something wrong with it? At that price I'd have figured it would be gone in a NY minute.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Well, let me tell ya.
I had it in my hot little hands. It was marked $850 and looked sweet. I asked the age old question, what's your best price ?
He said $800. I wasn't about to put the gun down. I happened to pop the cylinder open to take a look a little closer and noticed that the firing end of the cylinder was missing it's nickle and the copper that was underneath the nickel was all over the end. I hemmed and hawed and finally dropped the weapon. It was very clean other than the end of the cylinder. Ohhh well.
On to the next one.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts