Colt Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1944 USGI M1911A1, 1967 Python 4" Nickel, 1968 Agent Blue
84 Posts
I like my Astra, the only 9mm that I own. Rebuilt an old 1911 holster for it. Shot a cas match with it but the bottom mag release was a pain. My cas club also uses WASA rules that allow semiautos. View attachment 750760
View attachment 750759
I have a first generation numbers matching Astra 400. It's a Spanish Army gun issued during the Spanish Civil War. It is one of my favorite guns in my collection. But, it is 9mm largo.
Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Wood Metal

I have quite a few 9mm guns but my two favorite to shoot are my Walther Q5 Match SF which is an absolute tack driver. With the steel frame there is practically no recoil.
Furniture Bag Wood Musical instrument Waist

The other is my Israeli police surplus IMI Jericho 941. It is absolutely one of the most enjoyable guns I have ever fired.
Wood Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Tool Musical instrument

Sorry about the picture quality. I need to get some better shots next time I have them out.

·
Banned
84 Posts
Of the ones I own, they rank in this order:

1. Beretta 92FS Inox

2. Norinco 213 (That's right, not a great pistol but fun to shoot)

3. SCCY CRX-2

4. Sig P250 Sub-Compact

5. Sig P250 Compact

This is not to say I do not like the Sig P250's. If not, they would not still be here. They are good pistols in my opinion.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Favorite ...hmmmm for carry ? SIG 365
for History ? P08 1917 Erfurt Luger recovered in Falaise (Normandy, France) Aug. 1944
and a bring back Mauser P38.
One other I must give honorable mention to .... There is sentimental attachment as well
My MAB PA15 M1
This one was my late friends gun, he passed it to me just a week before he crossed over unexpectedly.
Purchased in 1971 at the USAG Heidelberg Army Base Post Exchange. 15 Round all steel ,unique delayed blowback Savage-type, rotating barrel.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Favorite ...hmmmm for carry ? SIG 365
for History ? P08 1917 Erfurt Luger recovered in Falaise (Normandy, France) Aug. 1944
and a bring back Mauser P38.
Pics of the Luger and P38?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
My number 3 favorite. My Ruger P89DC. Another hand filling and heavy pistol. Accurate, low recoil, and reliable. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It really depends. If I want to look impressive shooting 1” groups at 50 yards, I will pull out my Austin Behlert Colt Series 70 9mm. If I just want to look James Bond(ish) and cool, I have the ASP built on S&W Model 39 for that, and if I just need to get the job done with the best 9mm on the market today, it would be either my Sig P320XC Romeo One Pro (pictured) or the slightly longer similarly set up Sig M18.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have two nines that I like a LOT... can't choose between them.

The first is a SIG P210/M49 that came from the Danish Army and has a Danish royal crest on it...

And the other is a S&W M39 my Dad carried flying B52s from Guam over Viet Nam. IMHO the S&W M39 has the best ergonomics of any pistol.https://i.imgur.com/N1mpPi1.jpg

FWIW

Chucik

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Heck, with few exceptions all my guns are my "favorite" guns; including these "other 9mms"!

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Wood

CZ-75 (Pre B) Made in Czechoslovakia, not Czech Republic!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Rectangle

CZ P-09, 19+1 - for a poly/steel gun it is very nice in the hand and accurate. Never had a hiccup with this gun.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Recreation

Yes sir, it is a Pistol. CZ Scorpion Evo 3. Scope is a Sig 3x "Sport Scope" (according to the box).
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Beretta 92-S. This was a recent import a few years ago; magazine release on the bottom of the left stock; pure Italian Beretta, probably used by the National Police or the "Fiscal" Police. (Guardia di Finanzia - anti-smuggling, financial crimes; a militarized national police agency)
Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

This is an Egyptian Helwan, a single stack 9mm. It is a Beretta authorized copy of their Model 1951. I also have a Beretta Model 1951 but no photos of the the entire gun.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I admire some 9mm pistols. I don't care for 9mm Luger which is a cartridge I enjoy "hating."

I like all of these 9mm handguns (even the Star BM) except the poor Glock 17. There is nothing about any Glock pistol that I like so the 17 is kept as a specimen for study (and potential tradin' goods). The High Power is my favorite. The CZ 75BD is a crackling good handgun, even if the cartridge is both mundane and overrated. The Colt Series 70 Mark IV is always correct.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts