Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me in understanding the logic of what determines the value of Colts of yester-year!!! We have recently seen a pair of Boa’s sell for 8K of which there were 600 pair and a set of Snake Eyes for 4.5K yet there were 500 sets…

If I am correct the Boas are a fancy flavor of a Trooper with a Python barrel, and the Snake Eyes are 100% Python¬Ö Thus, logically the Snake Eyes should be of more value¬Ö

There are a number of other examples of which you are no doubt aware of¬Ö

I am so confused!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I agree, we should make it right.
I'll sell one set of Snake Eyes Pythons to ya for $10,000.
How's that ?
Would ya sleep better then ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, forgoing the sarcasm, your saying there is no logic, simply an I want it no matter what the cost attitude¬Ö /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
Registered
144 Posts
Demand determines value. Demand can be generated by several factors - age, rarity, appearance, quality, association with a popular person or period in history. Any one of these factors, or a mix of several, can effect the demand for an item, and therefore it's value.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
When you look at what the market is doing at this point, Colt-guns have become an investment. People with money are discovering the guncollectormarket as a way of making a profit reasonably fast. Boa prices are rising faster then the price of a barrel of oil, the culling of the Python by Colt is doing the same thing with the Python, Diamondbacks are also going through the roof.

Nice Coltguns are no longer a collectorsitem, but an asset.
I wonder when somebody with a large collection will start giving out shares as an investment... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts