Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to older revolvers. I have a new python and anaconda but have never owned an older one. A friend said he has an old colt he wants 300 for so I said I'll take it without seeing it. He sent a picture but said other than he got it when his dad passed he doesn't know what it is. I was just hoping someone can give me some info and maybe what its worth. I don't want to overpay but I also want to make sure I pay him a fair price

Attachments

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
It’s a first model Trooper…the photo doesn’t show the barrel markings clearly but it could be either a .357 Magnum or .38 Special. There’s a chance it could the .357 model but they generally came with target stocks and target hammer.

As long as it’s mechanically sound it’s easily worth $300 and more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a first model Trooper…the photo doesn’t show the barrel markings clearly but it could be either a .357 Magnum or .38 Special. There’s a chance it could the .357 model but they generally came with target stocks and target hammer.

As long as it’s mechanically sound it’s easily worth $300 and more.
Thank you. I was thinking that's what it was but wasn't sure. I wish he would have sent better pictures but for 300 I figured it had to be worth it lol

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts