Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife did a range session with her Glock 17 recently and is considering something that is smaller and that fits her hands better.

I’m open to suggestions.......

Best,
Charles

·
Registered
172 Posts
My wife loves her Shield. Sister-in-law has a P365 and likes it.

My wife doesn't care for my Glock 34 (house gun) or my 26 (my carry gun). Too chunky.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Charles
Personal carry selection can be a bit of a challenge when it comes to comfort, handling, and adequate performance. Ideally you should have some guns to try at the range, either rentals or a friend's gun(s). From experience, I've found that just because I thought it would be best is not always correct. :bang_wall: LOL!

I too find the Glock & Shield sized compacts outside of my preference for concealed carry. We carry Kahr PM9s.
Massad Ayoob has some tips that you might find useful https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2014/11/massad-ayoobs-10-commandments-of-concealed-carry/
Vic

Reactions: SHOOTER13

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My wife’s home defense gun is 56 Colt Cobra. However if you want something a little smaller, that fits the hand better. Try a Glock 43x, smaller and a single stack (10 rds ) that fits the hand very well.

Blade

·
Registered
476 Posts
My wife keeps a little S&W hammerless .357 in her purse and has the choice of a wide variety of Colt and S&W revolvers and Colt, S&W and Savage auto loaders for home defense if her purse gun is not handy. I guarantee, if she gets her hand on any one of them, she will get the job done.

·
Registered
792 Posts
She has an LCP that she shoots well but prefers her S&W 642. Pick it up and pull the trigger works for her.
Her choice in range gun is my Kings Gun Works .45 that I've owned for thirty five years with 185g SWC loads.
I do love that woman.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
For home defense, my wife has a Winchester M1300 20 gauge pump. I shortened the stock to fit her and the barrel is 18 1/4". It is loaded with bird shot...fine for "in the house" distances and no major over-penetration worries.
While she does OK shooting semiautos, she very much prefers a revolver. She had owned/tried 380 and 9mm Sigs, Colts, Walthers, S&W's and Glocks, her current purse/car gun is a Taurus Model 85UL loaded with 138 grain Winchester Supreme 38 Special +P ammo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Walther CCP. She used to have an LCP but didn't like it much. The Walther is much easier on her wrists. For home defense she uses a Ridgeback, a Husky, and a Cattle Dog

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
When my wife was alive I was very proud of her shooting skills. I traveled with my work and she would come visit very often. Driving great distances she carried to protect herself and my daughter. At the time for her to get a ccw applicants had to prove they could shoot the gun they brought. She had a glock 26 that her friends that took the class with her told me she out shot everyone with. She carried in a fanny pack so she could keep her gun ready when she used the toilet when she traveled.

Funny thing was she was very good with the glock but when she slept at night she kept a Colt DS as a night gun, said the glock trigger was just too easy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My wife carries a Colt Mustang II I had engraved for her. She also has a Glock 19 ad S&W Model 10 snubby.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,846 Posts
My wife carries a Ruger LCP or a North American Arms .22 magnum of some sort. When in the car, she also has her Black Army .45 auto in the door next to her. She did pull it on a guy when we stopped for gas off I 70 on our way home from the Colorado Collector Show several years ago. The dude turned pale and walked backwards for about 30 feet before he turned and walked away, swiftly. Don't make her mad. Just Sayin.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Wife prefers lightweight wheel guns over semi-autos. She started off with a Detective Special in .38 Special, then a Colt Cobra .38 Special and, lately, a S&W Model 351PD in .22 WinMag. Of course, when she's home alone, there's no need to be concerned. She has her attack cat, Sugarfoot, a 7 lb. snowshoe Siamese, who could lick 'em to death!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts