Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this Python recently, and it has a rear sight I hadn't seen before. I know the Elliason was an option in the 80s, the serial number is T169XX, is that an 80s serial number?

The sight design seems similar to the Elliason on my Gold Cup NM, but not exactly the same. Is that the difference between an 80s Elliason and 90s? Or is this some different sight all together?

Anyhow, the Python:

The rear sight:

And the Elliason on my GCNM:

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That's interesting, after seeing your pictures, I remember seeing that sight somewhere. It's on my Randall 1911 45ACP.

It came as a factory item on the above pistol.
Not sure who supplied them for Randall, but it's a dead on match.
I actually like the sight. It's very similar to the Ellaison in that it gives a very clear, flat sight picture.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff!

Looks like I found it, thanks to your Randall info. Searched on Randalls, and found that they used Millett sights for their adjustables.

So I poke around on the Millett site and find this:

Millett Adjustables

Looks like its a Millett replacement revolver sight for Colts.

Thanks again for the Randall lead!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
No problem Elric.
Glad I can be of some help to somebody around here. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Python

Your gun is wearing a Millett fully adjustable rear sight.I had an identical one mounted on a Diamondback many years ago.
rfo1

·
Registered
747 Posts
Milletts are one of the best replacement sights ya can buy. Many times more rugged and durable than original Ellisons. I have them on several of my Colts , Rugers and S&Ws. (Kept my originals of course.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts