Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a e-mail from the devil who got me kicked off GB.Here it is-----------------------------------------------
Took a little TIME but GB finally got around to reviewing your failure to perform. They REMOVED your BS feedback.

I tried to tell you GB was not going to put up with your failure to complete the purchase. Maybe next time you will read before you purchase. Maybe next time you will handle things as an adult!

Good bye.

K
------------------------------------------------------------
Man I can't get over this guy.I can imagine what he is like in person.Probably not a friend in the world and a total loser.What do you guys think I should do,,,I say I will just ignore him cause he sounds dangerous.
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why tell him anything?
Exercise your first amendment rights to explain to everyone what kind of a person he is to deal with. State the truth, without ranting, then post it on Sigforum, S&W Forum, AR15.com,1911 forum, Pistolsmith, THR,and as many other gun-related forums as you can think of.
Telling him will not change a thing. Telling his potential customers might.

By the way, it isn't just on the auctions that shipping charges can nail you. CDNN charges $9.99 for ALL shipping. That's great if you have ammo or something heavy. But it is also what they charge for a part weighing less than a quarter ounce. You just have to watch the fine print.
phh

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did ask him to remove my negative feedback,sense he got his removed,and his fee's refunded for an item that I really did want (not really) and I will see what he replys back with.Then I think I will expose the whole GB sellers for what they are,or the ones that I have been observeing to be shill biding,and chargeing high shipping cost.I might even go a little bit farther,I got to think about this on how I want to twist the knife.....There is a lot better places by the way to buy guns,,,,gun shows,AuctionArms.com,GunsAmerica.com,and even the magazine subscriptions have a whole lot better deals then GB does.You just dont get as excited when a picture isn't in front of you like GB has.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I' ve wrote this before and I still stand buy it.
I'm very hesitant when it comes to buying goods from the internet.

Surely it would widen my choice for a class A shooter, espescially when you talk about Colts, but when you here these things about auctionsites it only strenghtens my belief to never buy anything that you haven't handled and looked the previous owner straight in his eyes when you make the deal. If you get ( darn, I hate it when I can't remember the right English vocabulary, I'm looking for a proper word for "screwed") you were there when it happened!

I know, I know, you have the three-day-inspection-period.
No good to me as a resident in the old world. Concord isn't flying anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only that,but when you have a 3 day inspection and don't have an FFL license then you have to pay someone $25 to do the paperwork,and that's on top of the shipping to send it back,,add's up.We take a lotta chanches buying on the net and some times you get a gun that just aient worth the extra money to go through the hassle.More expensive guns are worth the extra cost to send back,but then you get to the point of when buying expensive guns you'd really perfer to examine the guns in person.Lots of the time you can only save maybe 10 to at the most 20 percent buying on the net.Then you better be more knowegible then most to know the cost of what the gun is worth if the grade is off.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Were it not for an auction site. I would not have my 98+ Shooting Master, pics were posted a couple of weeks ago.

There are guns on the auction sites you just cannot find locally. Care is the watchword. Also I try to buy with a CC when possible. That way you can challenge any shenanigans.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It costs me $60 to physically examine a gun I've purchased online: $20 for shipping and $40 for my local dealer (Sarco, if you've heard of them). If I don't like it, add another $20 for return. I've found many excellent buys online, and in eight years of doing so, I've only had one bad one show up. I should have returned it or asked for an adjustment, but since I already sunk $60, I just chalked it up to experience. I'm still angry at the dealer for clearly misrepresenting it, and also at myself for not asking more questions.

I had a lengthy discussion with a shop owner regarding online purchases, as I was trying to sell him on the idea of expanding his web site. He told me that fully 50% of the guns he handles from GB and GunsAmerica are immediately returned! For this reason, he's reluctant to enter into online sales. Another reason is that he has a high turnover at his store and at gun shows because he prices his stuff to sell, not to collect dust while looking pretty in a display case. And, he has some fantastic stuff.

So, anyone interested in a run-of-the-mill Police Positive in 95% condition, not the 98% as claimed? I'm asking this rhetorically, not trying to sell the gun here.

·
Registered
778 Posts
As Pres. Clinton said, "I feel your pain".

My experiences on the auctions has been bittersweet. If it were not for AA, we would not have our beautiful Shooting Master.

But, I bought a 4" blued Phython from a character in the far north, that was more 95% than 98%. As you said, I should have returned it, as it was on a credit card, but didn't. Dumb de dumb, dumb!! Now I have to unload it on somebody as a 95% gun.

So I learned a valuable lesson which I am sharing. Check the gun out before you buy as well as you can. Put it on a CC if at all possible. Return it at once if not happy, do not even take it out of your FFL's store.

When its all said and done, I will buy off the net in the future, because auctions have things I could never find locally. I believe most folks selling things on auctions are OK, its just a few "dingos" that screw up the works once in awhile.

Lately we have been finding things at home that are killing my gun budget, including credit cards. A mint 1911 38 Super, and mint boxed Smith model 29, etc. Wifey would kill me if she knew!

I quit for while, til next year, heh, heh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts