Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased new in 1995 a 6" anaconda. I still have everything, blue plastic case, cardboard sleeve with end flap, receipt, even the pachmayr grips (I put hogue's on it).
The gun was stolen out of my car, and now I have everything BUT the gun. What should I do with what's left? Sell it, or keep it and hope against hope that the gun is recovered, (its been gone about 2 yrs now).

·
Registered
501 Posts
My brother had his Smith 29 stolen from his house and then replaced by the insurance company. Nearly 5 years later the gun was taken off a drunk guy in a bar. The police called my brother and my brother called the insurance company. They told him they don't take recovered guns and that he should go get it and keep it. He went and picked it up, it was still virtually new. it now resides in my safe...but he gave it to my son, not me :)

I'd keep the box.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Look for another 6" Anaconda gun only for replacement. Now you have gun, box and a "thieve can't win" story. Then one day out of the blue a phone call from out of town LEO says we confiscated this revolver I think belongs to you. There, a happy ending. Just keep it brother.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
In the unlikely event the identity of the thief becomes known to you, you may wish to feed him the box & accessories through the rear passage. It would be a just, righteous, and fitting thing, were you to have the opportunity.
Jes' sayin'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought I should do. I was cleaning the other day and ran across the box, and got upset all over again. I'll just put it back, and keep my fingers crossed. Every time I read in the paper that some meth-head was busted with a gun, I get my hopes up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the unlikely event the identity of the thief becomes known to you, you may wish to feed him the box & accessories through the rear passage. It would be a just, righteous, and fitting thing, were you to have the opportunity.
Jes' sayin'.
I ran across fairly priced 629-5 shortly after insurance paid me. The thief would probably get the business end.
Then I would get my colt back, the smith would be sold or traded for something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts