Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you give me some tips on what to look for when inspecting a revolver that i want to buy ? I wrote in the other post "my python" well that should be: Soon to be mine ...
Anyhow, I now know that it was produced in 1992. Is that old for a python ? As i am not a collector i plan on shooting it regularly...
Btw how many rounds can a python take before wearing down ?
(.357 m.)
It is a black version...

Hope to hear a lot of tips and info from you all....

Best regards...

Michiel

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: What should i look for when buying a revolver.

Here's a thread on how to check a revolver:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57816

My Python was bought NIB in `65 and was my duty gun for 20 years. I can't tell you how many rounds have been fired through it but we generally qualified four times a year and I've done a lot of shooting with it on my own.

I did have it re-blued in `85 when I was forced to transition to a Sig 220. The Python is still as good as the day I bought it,

John

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Re: What should i look for when buying a revolver.

Hallo, Michiel.

Nice to see that another Dutchman discovered this forum! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It is indeed a treasure of information one can find hear.
As for your question: check out the thread on the bottom and give the answer I got from Dfariswheel your undivided attention.

As for age: In general guns are made to last. My opinion is that a gun from the early 90's should just do its job, taking in account that it stands up to the checklist you'll find in the thread. The nice thing about .357 is that it also takes in the .38 s wadcutter, which is a good bullet for competition shooting.

Best of luck,

Gunsmoke.

P.s. Black is called Bleud, or the gun is just plain dirty /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

www.coltforum.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=10338&a

1 - 3 of 3 Posts