Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loaded round 45, I second your nomination! I still don't even know what to say about that gun. The right side grip that extends way past the handle...omigosh. That gun is an insult to the City of Chicago!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an insult to Samuel Colt and John Browning. It's an insult to Al Capone!!!!!!!! It's an insult to every Colt owner on the globe. I have to go throw up now....

·
Registered
208 Posts
He describes the HP as being a,"RARE OPORTUNITY....." Well, I sure agree with that description! What a waste of ivory, gun metal, and gold inlay.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Famous last words...

"Now, that's one ugly mother......!"

I'm in no way a Colt-expert on engraved or commemorative Models, but even for a novice like me it was dead obvious that this piece of excrament was absolutely definetly and without any doubt not a product that left the Colt factory in its present deplorable state...

mm6mm: got any space left in that puke bucket? Something is on it's way out...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zulu6 (what happened to numbers 1 through 5?): I meant "wrong" as in 'what a horrible thing to do to a nice Colt 1903!' As I'm from Illinois, I will throw it that it's also a horrible thing to do to the City of Chicago. My ten year old daughter could draw a better picture of the Chicago Water Tower and the car with crayon!

·
Registered
671 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
zulu6 (what happened to numbers 1 through 5?):

[/ QUOTE ]

"Zulu6" was the call sign of one of Z (pronounced ZED in England) Division's area cars way back in my younger days as a Special Constable in London's Metropolitan Police. Z1 though Z5 belonged to other sub-divisions of Z Div'n.

[ QUOTE ]
I meant "wrong" as in 'what a horrible thing to do to a nice Colt 1903!'

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand and agree. I thought perhaps you meant "wrong" in a strict moral sense.

[ QUOTE ]
...it's also a horrible thing to do to the City of Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Al Capone will always be a part of Chicago's history and folklore. No more nor no less romantic than (say) Jesse James.

I have to add that the pistol was way beyond even my weird tastes.

Best regards,

Richard

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Well the train wreck... I mean the auction for that 1908 ended. Can you believe the bidding ended at $750 ... and the reserve wasn't met either?! Unbelievable!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm completely flabbergasted....

I always fall silent when two idiots come together...

·
Registered
388 Posts
What a horrible thing to do to one of the great Colts.
I have my dads 380, made in 1913. He bought it in Boston of all places(try that today!) when he was notified that he was being activated in the Royal Navy Reserve for WWI. He thought a hand gun might come in handy. He carried it through WWI and WWII (he was in the USN by then). All those years of salt water had done its damage. He gave it to me in 62(whenI went overseas), I told him I was going to send it back to Colt to refinished(which I did) but he made me promise NOT to have them repair a cut/gouge on the trigger guard. It turned out that he used the gun to block a cutlass slash from a German sailor in German West Africa, and then wounded the german with his own sword(in those days officers still carried a sword as a primary weapon and used the off hand for their handgun-if they carried one).
The most interesting part of the affray was that they took the German prisoner, back to HM ship, treated his wound and made him a POW. I still have letters that dad exchanged with that German between the wars. War was different then I guess.
The German government showed their gratitude to that POW by gassing him and his entire family(save 2) during WWII(they were Jewish).

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
zulu6 (what happened to numbers 1 through 5?):

[/ QUOTE ]

"Zulu6" was the call sign of one of Z (pronounced ZED in England) Division's area cars way back in my younger days as a Special Constable in London's Metropolitan Police. Z1 though Z5 belonged to other sub-divisions of Z Div'n.

Hi Richard,

I've wondered about your handle also, but I "guessed" you were an Army kind of guy... The "6" fooled me into thinking you might have been an Army officer... In the US Army "six" generally is the callsign of the Company Commander! :)

Being a "copper" for 30 plus years myself, I should have guessed it was a police callsign!

Good handle!
Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts